2 years' Added Care for your technology (accidental damage cover)
All electrical products you buy from us are guaranteed for a minimum of 2 years, at no extra cost. With Added Care, you'll enjoy the same benefits for a period of up to 5 years, while also adding further benefits not included in the original guarantee. More about Added Care
Product code: 82920101
- Stuff test winner
- What Digital - Camera Gold
- Photography BLOG - Highly Recommended
- Trusted Reviews Recommend
- EISA AWARD - Best Product 2012-2013 - Advanced Compact Camera
- Click here! Product tour
More than just a compact, the Sony RX100 changes what you thought was possible with a point-and-shoot camera. Sleek, modern looks hide an advanced, extra large sensor that gives you unparalleled image capture with richer colours and incredible depth. You can also remember those special moments in exceptional detail thanks to Full HD video recording at the touch of a button.
- Four times larger than standard sensor - the 1.0-type Exmore CMOS packs the details in. 20.2 effective megapixels give more vibrant shots along with exceptionally low noise level - even in low light situations.
- The bright F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens has a wide aperture that lets in more light. It's also the key to limitless creative effects, with your subject in sharp focus against a smoothly-blurred background.
- A 3.6x optical zoom gives you more intimate portraits and detailed shots. Clear Image Zoom pushes this to 7.2 with even more detail and no sacrifice of pixel count
- You can capture crisp 1080p movies with the touch of a button in the popular AVCHD format. The HDMI-out slot on the camera even makes it easy to share everything on your HD TV.
- SteadyShot Active Mode cuts down on shaky camera movement when shooting video, even while walking or zooming. It even reduces blur when shooting stills.
- Enjoy the freedom to fine-tune your image with full control over automatic and manual exposure modes. Surrounding the lens, a smooth control ring allows effortless fingertip adjustment of exposure, zoom, picture effect and other functions.
- Take control of your photos and videos and bring them to life through your PlayStation 3 with PlayMemories Studio. You can add sound effects, or edit your videos to make the perfect home movie quickly and easily.
- In-camera retouching lets you add a professional sheen to any photo with red eye removal, unsharp mask and more - all without a computer.
- A large and bright 3-inch LCD screen makes navigating your photos, reviewing shots and choosing settings a snap.
- The lightweight aluminium casing not only cuts down on carry weight; it looks good too!
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- AC Adaptor, Micro USB Cable, Wrist Strap, Shoulder Strap Adapter, Instruction Manual
This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery Size & Number
- Battery life
How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 330 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- HDMI, USB 2.0
- Continuous Shooting Speed
Continuous Shooting Speed
The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 10 fps (Burst Mode)
- H5.8 x W10.1 x D3.5cm
- Direct printing
Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Face Detection
Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG, RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
Allows your camera to detect and record where a picture is taken
- Hard drive
Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation
Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture
Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/1.8 - f/4.9
- Lens Size
Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 10.4 - 37.1mm
- Lens Type
Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Vario-Sonnar Carl Zeiss
Extreme close-up shots of small subjects like insects or plants
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
Maximum ISO Rating
Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled
Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording
Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery
- Red-Eye Reduction
Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size
- Self Timer
Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 13.2 x 8.8mm
- Sensor Type
- Exmor CMOS
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds
The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 4 - 1/2000
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital)
Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical)
Higher the zoom, the closer you can get to the subject. In optical, the lens physically moves, maintaining more quality than digital zoom.
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
- International delivery
- Not available
- Find out how we may still help you
- Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm tomorrow
- Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow
- Returning an item
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis and Waitrose Shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy