Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Camera, HD 1080p, 20.1MP, 2.9x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC, OLED EVF, 3” Screen with Case & Attachment Grip Kit
Absolutely stunning picture quality, compact enough to take anywhere. Now your photos maintain soft background defocus even when zoomed in with the improved Zeiss lens. There's even a pop-up electronic viewfinder for eye-level framing and a 180-degree tilt screen for 20.1MP selfies. Lastly, the fast BIONZ X processor adds speed and accuracy for stills as well as beautiful HD video.
Featuring a large one-inch Exmor R CMOS image sensor. The back-illuminated technology doubles light sensitivity and combines with Sony's Column A/D Conversion to reduce noise levels – a great help when photographing in dimly lit environments. Markedly reduced noise is evident even when high-sensitivity settings are used for capturing night landscapes or indoor scenes.
The DSC-RX100 III sports an all new bright f/1.8-2.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 24-70mm zoom. This lens is perfect for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused backgrounds. A premium multi-layered T coating also dramatically reduces ghosting and flare caused by light reflection.
View every scene in rich detail with the bright and retractable SVGA OLED Tru-Finder. The viewfinder accurately displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, so you can accurately monitor the results.
Selfies have never been easier with a beautiful 3” (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display that rotates in multiple angles. Easily scroll through menus and preview life thanks to WhiteMagic technology that dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
The DSC-RX100 III records HD movies in the XAVC S2 format, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 for video compression and linear PCM for audio compression, while saving files in an MP4 wrapper. With 50Mbps Full HD 60p high quality video recording, XAVC S enables beautiful video recording with minimal compression noise even in scenes with a lot of movement.
Realise a wider range of photographic expression with the built-in 1/8 (3 EV steps) ND filter that allows exposure adjustment in bright scenes.
This kit is supplied with a case to keep your RX100 III pristine and protected, and an attachment grip for enhanced shooting comfort and stability:
Sony Jacket Case LCS-RXG:
- Premium-quality natural leather with stylish features including vertical orientation, wide easy-access opening, strong, slender shoulder strap and engraved front Sony logo
- Fits the RX100 III with the AG-R2 grip attached
- Carabiner loop attaches securely to a belt or bag
- Opens wide for quick, easy camera removal and insertion
Sony Attachment Grip AG-R2:
- This durable attachment grip secures hold over the body of the camera, allowing more comfortable and stable shooting
- Tough and lightweight, the grip also makes it easy to snap photos on the fly, without fear of dropping the camera
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC Adaptor, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Strap Adapter, Instruction Manual, Case LCS-RXG, Grip AG-R2
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 320 shots
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- Wi-Fi, NFC, USB 2.0, HDMI micro out
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H58.1 x W101.6 x D41mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" LCD
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- RAW, RAW & JPG supported
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Zeiss Vario Sonnar T 24-70mm
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™/PRO-HG HX Duo™ media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- Model name / number
- RX100 III
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- 10 sec. / 2 sec. / Self-portrait One-person/ Self-portrait Two-person/ Self timer Continuous (3 or 5 shots)
- Sensor Size
- 1" (13.2 X 8.8mm)
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Superior Auto, Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR(Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode(ProgramAuto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- iAuto(4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto(1" - 1/2000) / Manual(Bulb, 30" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority(8" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority(30" - 1/2000)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Type of Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- OLED, retractable
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Body: 263g. With Battery & Media: 290g
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Sunday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Daily next/named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.