Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX220 Camera, HD 1080p, 18.2MP, 10x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC, 2.7” Screen
Extreme power and total usability in a palm-size package. Sony’s DSC-WX220 packs a lot into its compact frame with a powerful optical zoom and gorgeous Full HD video capture. What’s more, with advanced built-in image stabilisation you’ll get flawless, pro-grade results time and again. Add integrated Wi-Fi with NFC pairing to the mix, and you have a camera that’s as connected as it is versatile.
The 18.2 Exmor R CMOS sensor - normally seen in bridge cameras - gives your exceptional results, even in low light. Add the integrated BIONZ processor to the mix and you get noise-free images in just about any conditions.
The 10x optical zoom will get you the most intimate shots with ease. Capture detailed portraits from across the room, snap wildlife or save those epic sporting moments from the sideline. You can even double this to 20x digitally, while keeping image quality top-notch.
Wi-Fi & NFC
With integrated Wi-Fi and NFC, the Sony W220 makes backing up and sharing your shots and videos simple. Along with NFC, getting started is as quick and easy as a touch.
Full HD video
1080p Full HD video capture lets you relive special days and one of a kind moments in superb detail.
On board retouch
Even the best pictures need a little help sometimes. In-camera retouching lets you erase those little imperfections without the hassle of transferring images to a computer.
The background defocus (or bokeh) effect creates beautiful contrasts between your subject and their surroundings.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable battery Pack NP-BN*17, AC Adaptor AC-UB10D, Micro USB cable, Wrist strap, Instruction manual, AC Power cord
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 210 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal;Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0);Micro HDMI, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H5.2 x W9.2 x D2.1cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 4.45 - 44.5 mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Sony G 9 elements in 7 groups (including 4 aspheric elements)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Memory Stick™ Duo;Memory Stick PRO Duo™;Memory Stick PRO Duo™(high speed);Memory Stick PRO HG Duo™;Memory Stick XC-HG Duo™;Memory Stick Micro;Memory Stick Micro (Mark2);SD Memory Card;SDHC Memory Card;SDXC Memory Card;microSD Memory Card;microSDHC Memory
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion NP-BN battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 1/2.3 type (7.76mm)
- Sensor Type
- Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Program Auto, Movie Mode (Intelligent Auto/Scene Selection), Panarama, Scene Selection, Intelligent Auto, Superior Auto
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- iAuto(4"1/6000)/ Program Auto(1"- 1/600)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Tuesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.