Sony Cyber-shot RX-100 V Camera, 4K, 20.1MP, 2.9x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC, OLED EVF, 3" Tiltable Screen
The Sony RX100 V is a brilliantly featured compact camera built for super fast image and movie capture, with amazing autofocus capability. It inherits the RX100 series’ renowned sensor for superb image quality, can shoot continuously at 24 frames per second, and has 4K resolution for incredibly detailed movies. Pocket-sized, packed with features including silent shooting, and with sleek and intuitive design, it’s a superb compact designed for quality, rapid reaction and ease-of use.
Amazingly Fast Autofocus
The RX100 V autofocus has been refined with cutting edge technology so you can react instantly to capture the action. It can lock onto and capture a moving subject in just 0.05 seconds. And with 315 individual autofocus points it has amazing phase detection for consistency of autofocus and motion tracking.
Continuous shooting mode has been improved on the previous model, allowing for up to 24 frames per second with AF/AE tracking for up to 150 shots.
The DSC-RX100 V sports an f/1.8-2.8 Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 24-70mm zoom. It’s a perfect lens for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused backgrounds.
Advanced Image Processing
The RX100 V features the high-speed BIONZ X processor for more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations and lower noise while shooting photos and movies. It combines with The 20.1 megapixel Exmor RS® CMOS sensor with focal plane phase-detecting AF sensor to achieve such fast results. Plus up to 1/32000s Anti-Distortion Shutter minimises visual noise.
Capable of recording in 4K Ultra HD, the RX100 V is ideal for capturing memorable frames in stunning clarity. So your movies look second to none, even when viewed on a Full HD TV. The camera can even shoot high-quality still images of 17MP while recording a movie. And the Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take the photographs in a choice of frequency release – high/standard/low settings.
Super Slow Motion
Slow motion movies are a breeze with the RX100 V. It can record the action at up to 960 fps (40x normal frame rate), and for twice as long as the previous model.
View every scene in rich detail with the bright and retractable electronic viewfinder (EVF). The viewfinder delivers a high resolution equivalent to 2359k dots to display the subtlest details for precise composition. EVF eye piece optics are treated with ZEISS T coating to reduce unwanted reflections for a clear corner-to-corner visibility.
180° Tilting Screen
Selfies and framing have never been easier with a 3” tiltable LCD screen. High and low positions are now in shooting distance which offers greater flexibility in capturing creative compositions.
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, Micro USB Cable, Wrist Strap, Strap Adapter, Instruction Manual
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Stills: 220 shots (approx) Frames: 35 minutes (approx)
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI, Hi-Speed USB (2.0)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- Packaged: H9.4 x W11.8 x D15.5cm. Unpackaged: H5.81 x W10.16 x D4.1cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF
- 3" LCD tilting display
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.31, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible, MP4
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F1.8 (W) - 2.8 (T)
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 10.4-37.1 mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- RX-100 V
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 13.2 x 8.8 mm
- Sensor Type
- Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- AUTO (Intelligent Auto / Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3,M1,M2,M3,M4, Movie Mode, HFR Mode, Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- iAuto(4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (30" - 1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (30" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1920 x 1080 / 60p
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- OLED EVF
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Approx. 299g (Battery and Memory Stick Duo included) / Approx. 272 g (Body Only)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.