Sony Cyber-Shot WX500 Camera, HD 1080p, 18.2MP, 30x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3" Vari Angle LCD Screen with Jacket Camera Case, Black
The Sony WX500 is a compact camera which makes sure you always look your best when shooting handheld or recording images. With its titlable LCD screen, PlayMemories Camera apps and wireless sharing capabilities, this camera packs in a lot to provide more fun with performance.
Quality images Packed in to its compact form is a high-performance CMOS image sensor, lightning-quick image processor and a legendary lens. The ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T 30x optical zoom lens will capture clear, sharp images with minimal distortion across a 24-720m range. This is further supported by the BIONZ image processing engine which reproduces more realistic detail and colour in images with less diffraction and noise. And taking in more light for even more details is the back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with 18.2 effective megapixels.
Tiltable LCD monitor & creative options Comfortably take a selfie or shoot at a lower position with the high-resolution LCD monitor which can be tilted up to 180 degrees. And with Beauty Effect, you can retouch portraits to smooth skin, tone skin, widen eyes and brighten teeth. You can even change a photo’s look with Photo Creativity which allows you to alter the appearance of stills and movies with simple, intuitive changes to settings for brightness, colour, vividness and Picture Effect.
Fast Intelligent AF For capturing movement with ease is an extra-speedy and precise Fast Intelligent AF which is driven by an improved spatial object detection algorithm releasing a more optimal and accurate lens drive.
Intelligent Active Mode Featuring Sony’s advanced frame-analysis technology and 5-axis image stabilisation, Intelligent Active Mode compensates for camera shake. This reduces the blurriness which tends to occur in images when shooting handheld or when in action.
Movie recording Capture movies with the new XAVC S format which details extra-smooth action and high-quality sound. Whether you are shooting in this format or in high-definition AVCHD format, you can also simultaneously record another version of the same scene in a compressed, web-friendly MP4 format for convenient sharing.
Wi-Fi & NFC Lose the cords and cables – Wi-Fi and NFC capability lets you instantly connect to smartphones and tablets. Simply download the free PlayMemories Mobile App, touch it to your Android smartphone or tablet, and create a connection that lets you transfer photos, remotely control the camera's shutter release, and instantly receive the captured image via Wi-Fi.
This kit includes the Sony LCJ-HWA Jacket Camera Case:
Protect your WX500 and take stunning snaps at the same time with this finely-crafted Jacket Camera Case. Coming with a body case, lens jacket and shoulder strap, the hardy leather-look material will keep your camera scuff-free on your travels. The body case protrudes to give you a firm, stable grip when you're shooting, while the seamless double hook design lets the lens jacket flip open from the front or back. This case lets you tilt your screen, plug in a USB and attach a tripod too so you don't have to compromise convenience for security.
- Accessories Included
- Case LCJ-HWA, Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC AdaptorAC-UB10C/UB10D, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Instruction Manual, AC Power Code
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 400 shots / 200 minutes
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- USB 2.0, Micro HMDI, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H58.1 x W101.6 x D35.5cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" LCD display & Vari angle screen
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- iAuto(F3.5-F6.3(W)) / Program Auto(F3.5-F6.3(W) ) / Manual(F3.5-F8.0(W)) / Aperture Priority(F3.5-F8.0(W)) / Sutter Priority(F3.5-F6.3(W))
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 11 elements in 10 groups (5aspheric element)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion NP-BX1 battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 1/2.3 type (7.82mm
- Sensor Type
- Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Intelligent Auto, Superior Auto, Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR(Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode(Intelligent Auto/Scene Selection), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (1" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000) / Manual (30" - 1/2000)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- 0.2-type electronic viewfinder
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.