Sony HDR-AS30V Action Cam Camcorder, HD 1080p, 11.9MP, Wi-Fi, NFC, GPS with Waterproof Case
A camcorder as unlimited as your experiences. The Sony HDR-AS30V Action Cam is made for adventure with its rugged design and custom waterproof casing. It’s capable of shooting in 1080p Full HD, as well was HD super-slow motion for more detail in every frame. Integrated Wi-Fi even makes backing up your footage with smart devices simple. Taking control with your smartphone is simple too with one touch NFC pairing.
Carl Zeiss optics
Catch every detail with a powerful Carl Zeiss lens. Its ultra-wide 170° angle means you won’t miss a thing. And a super-sensitive Exmor R CMOS sensor guarantees beautiful HD, even in low light. Robust optic build also reduces reflection stray light.
Leave shaky footage behind with SteadyShot image stabilisation. It keeps footage smooth when things get rough. Pick from five recording modes, including Full HD and HD super-slow, which shoots 120 frames a second so you can replay the action four times slower.
The Action Cam comes with a waterproof case. Perfect for enduring extreme weather conditions and capturing every detail of your dives.
NFC & Wi-Fi
When the action’s over, watch it back on your smartphone using the PlayMemories Mobile app and Action Cam’s built-in Wi-Fi. You can even use your phone to stop and start recording.
Six recording modes
Including 2x and 4x slow motion recording speeds, the AS30V injects more drama into every twist, turn and jolt of the action.
Waterproof housing, adhesive mount, USB cable, battery pack and editing software.
Take care of your new camcorder with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Analogue line-in
- Audio Capability
- Built-in mic
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 2 hours approx
- Camera Type
- Action Camera
- Digital stills Information Use the camcorder to take still photos
- 11.9 megapixels
- H47 x W24.5 x D82mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash Memory
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Hard Drive
- HD Video
- High Zoom
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Information Lens type please see Buying Digital Camera guide for more information
- Carl Zeiss® Tessar® Lens
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable battery
- Records formats
- MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Screen size
- Not applicable
- Shooting Modes
- Stills Mode
- Storage - Format
- Micro SD and Cloud
- Sweep Panorama
- Video input / output
- Micro USB
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Friday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Friday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Daily next/named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Find out how you can capture professional-quality homemade movies