Sony MDR-1ADAC Full Size Headphones with Built-In USB DAC Amplifier, Black
Hear all and feel more with the MDR-1ADAC On-Ear Headphones with Built-In USB DAC. These headphones include a built-in USB DAC amp that takes the digital output of your PC, Xperia Smartphone, Walkman or iPhone and converts the signal to an analogue output for amplification. The result is enhanced sound, whatever you're listening to. The foldable ear cups and eight hour battery life ensures that you will never miss a beat as you go about your day.
Built-in USB digital-to-analogue-converter (DAC) amplifier
The headphones can connect digitally to your devices to ensure your music sounds are even closer to the original recording. And because the signal is only converted to analogue when it reaches the 40mm driver unit, you’ll enjoy unmatched clarity and accuracy on every track. What's more, the ultra wide frequency range of 3Hz-100kHz enables you to pick up the deep lows and euphoric highs of every beat.
Keeping the recordings real, even at high volume, is the highly responsive liquid crystal polymer (LCP) diaphragm and 40mm HD Driver. Combined, these two features give a more consistent and precise sound across the entire frequency range than a conventional diaphragm. High Resolution Audio opens up countless capabilities too. The PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) brings the tracks to reality with up to 192kHz/24-bit encoding and the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) picks up the natural sounds over a wide dynamic range with up to DSD128 support.
The headphones can conveniently adjust the volume of your music too. The rotary-style controller on the headphones can turn the volume up, or down, as you please and with ease.
With the iconic on-ear looks and plush, black leather 3D earpads, these headphones shout out style. Designed with a closed-back and sliding metal headband, the MDR-1ADAC fit securely over your ear, locking in the music and keep distractions out.
The sliding metal headband and swivel folding earcups make it easy to store your headphones in a suitcase when travelling. The smart and hardwearing carry pouch (supplied> is perfect for transporting your headphones wherever you are going.
- Accessories Included
- Carring pouch, Headphone cable (1.2m), Exclusive Lightning cable (1.2m), Digital cable for Walkman (1.2m), Digital cable for Xperia (1.2m), USB Cable, Warranty card, Quick start guide, Reference guide, Operating instructions
- Cable length
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- 3.5mm, USB (charging)
- H23 x W11 xD23cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Aluminium coated (diaphragm)
- Microphone Remote
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Noise Cancelling Information Models which have microphones built into the headphones which produce signals to reverse outside noises, cancelling them out. Perfect for cutting out the constant low drone caused by jet or train engines on your travels.
- Noise Reduction Information Either flexible rubber sphere-like tips which slot nicely into your ear canal providing a seal, or cupped designs which surround and seal your ear from the outside world, they effectively eliminating ambient sounds, and trap your music in your ear
- Playback Controls Information Controls that allow you to alter the playback or answer calls on compatible devices. Please note: not all controls will work with every device.
- Volume, rotary control on headphones
- Power Supply
- Rechargable battery (integrated)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Friday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Friday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
- Europe (EU)
- Europe (Non EU)
- Rest of World
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Get your head around the best sounds