Sony SEL35F28Z Sonnar T 35mm f/2.8 ZA Wide Angle Lens
Perfect for wide-angle shooting and close-ups, this bright 35mm prime lens from ZEISS delivers outstanding edge-to-edge image quality. A dedicated hood matches the lens's compact form, while its dust and moisture resistant design gives you peace of mind when shooting outdoors.
7 blade aperture
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
To optimise performance, aspherical lens elements maintain high contrast (even with the aperture wide open) and minimise distortion and flatness of the image plane.
An internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
Dust & moisture resistant
The sealed design makes this lens a reliable companion to street and journalistic photography.
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- 44° (APS-C), 63° (35mm)
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Care instructions
- L36.5 x Dia.61.5mm
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 52.5mm (APS-C)
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Sony E
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- Model name / number
- Tripod Collar Information Sometimes called a lens collar, this accessory lets the lens be mounted on a tripod
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Wednesday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Wednesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.