Sony Vaio Fit 14E SVF1421X2 Laptop, Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, 14" Touch Screen, Black
Everything you need is just a touch away with the Sony Vaio Fit 14E laptop. Packing a whole host of technology in a clean, minimalist unit, it includes everything from an HD touch screen to NFC. This sleek, fully featured laptop is perfect for everyday computing.
Packing an Intel Core i5 processor and 4GB of RAM this laptop will handle multiple applications seamlessly and keep your laptop running smoothly, even under intense situations when it will boost it's speed to up to 2.7GHz. Perform everyday tasks, as well as edit photos and home videos, watch HD videos and listen to music with no problems.
A 500GB hard drive has enough space to store hundreds of documents, photos, music tracks and more, so you can keep the information most important to you just a few licks away.
Experience full immersion in your music and movies thanks to the large speakers. ClearAudio+ mode further enhances the audio quality, providing deep lows, intense highs and outstanding clarity.
Sony Vaio Fit utilises NFC technology to wirelessly connect to NFC compatible smartphones, speakers, headphones and more. Establishing a wireless connection has never been so easy, just tap the two NFC points together and you’ll be connected, quickly, seamlessly and simply.
Enjoy high quality movies, TV shows and images thanks to the LED backlit HD display. And because it’s a touch screen, navigating Windows 8 is simple and intuitive.
Make video calls with friends, family and colleagues across the world with crystal clear clarity thanks to the HD web camera with Exmor R technology. Exmor R helps your contacts see you clearly, even in a dark room.
A host of additional connectivity features will keep you entertained. Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth cover your wireless connectivity needs. Fit also features an HDMI port for outputting images and sound to an HD monitor, television or projector. 2 USB 2.0 ports and 2 high speed USB 3.0 ports are available for connecting to external storage devices, mice and other peripherals and an SD card slot allows for easy transfer of photos and other files.
VAIO Message Centre
VAIO Movie Creator
VAIO Transfer Support
VAIO Control Center
Adobe Reader 11
McAfee Internet Security 30 day subscription
McAfee Parental Controls
Internet Explorer 10
VAIO International Repair Service guide
This device can be upgraded to Windows 8.1 for free through the Windows Store.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 5 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- HD Web Camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD Read & Write
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H25.9 x W342 x D242.5 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Card
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i5-3337U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.8GHz to 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i5
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 12.1" to 14"
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Choosing the laptop that's right for you