Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet, Snapdragon 801, Android, 10.1", NFC, Wi-Fi & 4G LTE, 16GB, Black
Combining the best of Sony's TV and audio technologies, the slim and light Xperia Z2 delivers a top level multimedia possibilities in a travel friendly 10.1-inch tablet. It's also waterproof*, dust and scratch resistant, so you can use it in the kitchen or on the beach without worrying about damage.
The best of entertainment:
Xperia Z2 brings Sony's premium entertainment technologies together into one package. The 10.1-inch Full HD display uses Triluminous and X-Reality technology to deliver sharp images that are free of jagged edges, while Live Colour LED ensures increased colour depth and gradation to make your photos and movies look true to life.
ClearAudio+ minimises audio distortion and restores balance and clarity to your music, automatically adjusting itself for your needs to provide a crisp audio experience, while Digital noise cancellation reduces up to 98% of ambient sounds to ensure clear, noise-free sound. S-Force Front surround audio technology simulates powerful surround sound without the need for multiple separate speakers. Instead, the Xperia Z2's dual surround sound speakers have been carefully placed to avoid your hands covering the sound when you hold the tablet.
PlayStation gaming is brought to life too, thanks to classic and new games on the PlayStation Mobile store and the quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor. This ultra fast mobile processor combines with 3GB of RAM and Adreno 330 graphics to deliver fast, responsive and visually incredible 3D games.
Take on the elements
The Xperia Z2's premium design has been crafted to last. It features an IP55/IP58 rating, making it waterproof and resistant to tiny dust particles, while the display is scratch-resistant and shatter proof, so you can enjoy your tablet in more places than ever. And taking it with you won't be a burden either, because it measures an incredibly thin 6.4mm in depth and weighs less than 430g.
KitKat operating system
The Xperia Z2 is running Android 4.4 KitKat. KitKat gives you the best of Google's operating system, with apps like Google Maps and Chrome already installed, and even more available from the Play Store. Features like Google Now and faster multitasking make KitKat the most intuitive Android operating system yet.
Top Tier Technology
With NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, AC Wi-Fi and 4G LTE connectivity built-in, the Xperia Z2 isn't short of fast wireless transfer methods. That's a good thing too, because it means you'll be able to use your tablet to mirror your screen to an NFC, DLNA or Miracast enabled television to share content with friends or simply enjoy movies on a bigger screen. If your TV's not compatible with this software, you can always connect to an HD TV with a separate MHL adapter and HDMI cable.
Please note: To use 4G LTE connectivity, you will require a separate SIM card. Network charges may apply when using a 4G LTE or HSPA+ data plan. Please see your network's terms and conditions for further information.
*The Z2 is a waterproof (in compliance with IP55/58) 10.1 tablet. Specifications verified by Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX service as of 29th January 2014.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 2.2 megapixel
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 8.1 megapixels Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H172 x W266 x D6.4 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Adreno 330
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 64GB)
- Model name / number
- Xperia Z2, Wi-Fi & 4G LTE, 16GB, Black
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB with MHL for HDMI output
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-core Qualcomm APQ8074AB Snapdragon 801
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- 9.1" to 11"
- Screen Type
- IPS with Triliminos Live Colour and X-Reality for Mobile
- Accelerometer, gyrocope, compass
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Yes- Google Now
- Wi-Fi and 4G
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes- Miracast
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 4G LTE via SIM Card
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy