Start-Rite Children's Wish Patent Leather Shoes, Black, 1.5F
Product code: 52414803
- Rip-tape fastening
- Star detailing
- Cushioned insole for improved comfort
Little feet can play all day in these Wish patent school shoes from Start-Rite.
With padded ankles and a quick riptape fastening that's easily adjusted, active feet will stay fresh with new Air-Rite technology, designed to let air flow around the feet and reduce sweating.
- Children's Shoe Style
- Smart Shoes
- Main Shoe Material
- Upper: leather, Sole: rubber
Brand information & size guide
Start-rite's history dates back to 18th century Norwich, where a leather worker called James Smith began offering the first ready-made, off the peg footwear. Following the First World War, the company began to produce footwear specially designed for children, which gave their unique feet room to grow. The name ""Start-rite"" was first used in the 1920s and the iconic twins logo was introduced a decade later. Start-rite began to focus primarily on children's shoes in 1952 and after extensive research they noted the need for shoes to be fitted by trained people, developed multiple width fittings and introduced their ""heel stiffener"" to help balance and growth. They received the Royal Warrant in 1955 after supplying the Windsor children with shoes. In recent years they have evolved to use two hundred years expertise to meet the needs and desires of today's children.
Measure and Fit at Home:
Start-rite believe it's really important to measure a child's feet accurately before buying them every pair of shoes, as ill-fitting shoes can have a serious impact on your child's foot health. To be sure that your child is wearing shoes that fit properly, you can either visit one of the John Lewis stores, where trained staff will measure and fit your child with shoes, or if that's not convenient, use one of our specially developed fitting gauges to help you measure your child's feet at home.
Click here to find out how to measure using the gauges and to watch step by step videos of how to fit your child’s shoes.
The measurements shown on the size chart are body measurements. These are average measurements for guidance to determine which size is right for you.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.