Nikon D5200 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR II Lens, HD 1080p, 24.1MP, 3" Screen
The Nikon D5200 DSLR is ideal for the photography enthusiast who wants to push their skills. This 24.1 megapixel camera has Canon’s EXPEED 3 processor at its heart that powers faster shooting. Along with the wide ISO and CMOS sensor, your images will shine in all conditions. Advanced autofocus cuts down on blur during fast moving action and Full HD video is just a button-push away.
The D5200 employs newly developed Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with 24.1 effective megapixels. This camera’s wide ISO sensitivity range is from ISO 100 to 6400, expandable to Hi 1 (ISO 12800 equivalent) and Hi 2 (ISO 25600 equivalent). The camera reduces noise effectively even at high ISO sensitivity setting while maintaining definition as much as possible to deliver sharp images.
18-55mm VR II lens
This versatile lens handles anything from wide angle to mid range telephoto and portrait shooting. VR II vibration reduction also cuts down on blur and distortion at all ranges for clear, crisp results.
This camera features an Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus sensor, the same as that used in the D7000. With high density 39 point focusing, the whole subject area is covered even when capturing fast-moving situations like sports.
Live view shooting
See how your shots will look before you take them. The large 3-inch movable vari-angle LCD monitor offers 100% frame coverage when you want to compose your image.
16 scene modes
Take the hassle out of getting the right settings. Five frequently used Scene Modes such as Portrait and Landscape can be directly selected using the mode dial. For other modes, it’s as easy as setting the mode dial.
Full HD video
There are times when you need more than just a picture. The D5200’s dedicated movie record button puts 1080p video recording at your fingertips. You can also edit your videos in-camera without the need for a computer.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- EN-EL14 rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 battery charger, AN-DC3 strap, UC-E17 USB cable, EG-CP16 audio/video cable, DK-5 eyepiece cap, BS-1 accessory shoe cover, DK-20 rubber eyecup, BF-1B body cap, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM, User's Manual
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 200 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB, HDMI mini, Accessory terminal, stereo mini pin jack
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H78 x W98 x D129mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- RAW, JPEG, NEF (RAW) + JPEG
- GPS Information Allows your camera to detect and record where a picture is taken
- Via optional adapter
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- AF-S and AF-I lenses (VR II)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 23.5 x 15.6mm (24.71 million pixels)
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Auto modes (auto; auto (flash off)); programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M); scene modes (portrait; landscape; child; sports; close up; night portrait; night landscape; party/indoor; b
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1/4000 - 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV; Bulb; Time (requires optional ML-L3 remote control)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- Optical (95% horizontal and 95% vertical coverage)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.