Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Telephoto Lens
A professional-quality standard zoom that offers exceptional image quality and a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout its zoom range. The perfect companion to any full-frame EOS camera.
- The EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM delivers superb image quality throughout its zoom range, thanks to aspherical lens elements and ultra-low dispersion (UD) and super UD glass. Redesigned optics ensure sharpness is maximised across the frame.
- A fast f/2.8 maximum aperture is maintained throughout the zoom range, enabling hand-held low-light shooting in a variety of situations.
- Weather sealing protects against dust and moisture, while a fluorine-coated front and rear elements are easy to clean.
- A ring-type ultrasonic AF motor achieves focus quickly, quietly and accurately. Full-time manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without changing focus modes.
- 0.38m closest-focus distance adds to the versatility of this lens, providing a maximum magnification of 0.21x.
- A nine-bladed circular aperture provides superb bokeh, ideal for portraiture.
- Includes a lens cap, bayonet hood and soft case.
- For use with EF mount Canon DSLR cameras
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- 74° - 29°. 53° - 19°30', 84° - 34°
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Yes- USM
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- L113 x Dia.88.5mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 38.4-112mm (APS-C 1.6x crop factor)
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Canon EF
- Magnification Information The extent in which the lens can amplify the size of a subject
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- 38cm (1.25')
- Model name / number
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Telephoto Lens 5175B005AA
- Sensor Format
- Full frame, Canon APS-C
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.