These cake pops make a light bite and are perfect for parties. Finish the sticks with a pastel-coloured ribbon to make them look extra special. You’ll need the Nordicware cake pop pan (812 22098).
Ingredients:- 2 eggs
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g self raising flour
- 300g white and 300g milk chocolate
- Various sprinkles
Instructions:1) Preheat the oven to 170°C
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, along with a little flour to stop the mixture from curdling. Once combined, sift in the rest of the flour and fold into the mixture.
3) Grease the cake pop pan well and add the mixture to the bottom half of the tin (the part with no holes) until each mould is full. Attach the top half of the tin.
4) Place on a baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly, then remove the pops from the pan to finish cooling.
5) Dip a lolly stick into melted chocolate, insert into the cake pops and allow to cool, this will ensure the stick stays secure. Dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate, spinning to let any excess drip off. Decorate with sprinkles as desired.
6) Allow to set on baking parchment, or, if you want to keep the pops perfectly round, stick them into a large baking potato with holes pre-made by a barbecue skewer.