Toshiba Satellite C55-1CR Laptop, Intel Pentium, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6", Black
The Toshiba Satellite C55 is the perfect laptop for someone looking for great performance at an amazing price and in a stylish package. This 15.6-inch laptop features a glossy design and an Intel Pentium processor to get you through your everyday needs.
Powered by an Intel Pentium processor and 8GB of RAM this machine is ideal for everyday use and great for performing multiple tasks at once.
With a large 1TB hard drive, the whole family will have enough space to store their important documents, photos, music and videos.
The C55 features a tiled, full size keyboard complete with numeric pad, making it ideal for writing letters and essays or balancing your budget and finances.
Enjoy outstanding colour, clarity and contrast, thanks to the C55’s TruBrite widescreen HD display. This screen is ideal for watching movies, particularly as it is combined with the built-in stereo speakers with DTS sound for a fuller audio experience.
A built-in HD webcam makes it easy to keep in contact with your friends or family around the world, through video chatting online with outstanding clarity from your side.
Watch DVDs, listen to CDs, load programs and backup your data in a flash with the 8x speed DVD Supermulti Drive
A built-in HDMI port makes it easy to share your content with others on an HDTV or monitor, while 2 USB 2.0 ports and 1 ultra fast USB 3.0 port make transferring data or connecting peripherals a breeze. You can also connect to other devices wirelessly, thanks to Bluetooth technology.
With Wi-Fi it’s easy to keep connected. You’ll be able to connect your laptop to wireless networks at home and work, or anywhere with an open wireless network. The C55 also features a built-in Ethernet port, for connecting to wired networks.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 4 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- HD Webcam
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD Read & Write
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H33.3 x W380 x D242 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Card
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Pentium B960
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Pentium
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 14.1" to 16"
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy