Toshiba Satellite L830-16W Laptop, Intel Core i3, 6GB RAM, 750GB, 13.3", Silver
The 13.3” Satellite L830 series comes in a lightweight, stylish design with a fun glossy finish. A large coloured touchpad with chrome detailing, metallic speaker grills and a tiled keyboard complete the design. The range also includes SRS Premium Sound HD enhancement for immersive sound.
Powered by the Intel Core i3 processor giving speeds of 1.9GHz. Combined with an impressive 6GB RAM you’ll be able to efficiently tackle your work load while switching between applications.
Store a wealth of data and multimedia on the large 750GB hard drive. With Toshiba’s Hard Drive Impact Sensor you are protected from data loss if unforeseen drops or knocks occur. The technology reacts to sudden movements and locks the hard drive before damage can occur.
Connect to a HD screen or television using the HDMI port on the laptop. The built in Bluetooth also allows you to pair the machine with other Bluetooth enabled devices such as mobile phones to share files easily between the two.
Ultra lightweight design, weighing in at only 1.86kg even with a built in CD/DVD optical drive.
A visual delight, the 15.6 inch high quality TruBrite® screen with LED backlighting, displays vivid colours and gives you a great picture when gaming or viewing photo’s and even watching HD videos.
Up to 4 hours 30 minutes battery life means you can work and play for longer without having to worry about running out of power.
This notebook is perfect for users that want a lightweight and compact machine without compromising on features.
Windows Live Essentials
McAfee® Internet Security (includes complimentary 30 day subscription)
Nero KwikMedia, Nero BackItUp & Burn Autobackup
Toshiba Eco Utility™
Toshiba PC Health Monitor
Toshiba Resolution+ Plug-in for Windows Media Player
Toshiba Tempro, checks your laptop for the latest Toshiba software updates
Toshiba Web Camera Application
Toshiba Recovery Media Creator
WildTangent Games Console
Toshiba Disc Creator
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 4.5 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1 megapixel HD webcam
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD±R/RW Double Layer
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H30.62 x W329 x D221mm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- Gigabit ethernet
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i3 3227U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i3
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 12.1" to 14"
- Touch Screen
- USB ports Information Universal Serial Bus- socket for transferring data between electronic devices
- 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy