Toshiba Satellite L855 17Q Laptop, Intel Core i5, 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6", Silver
Product informationThe Satellite L855-17Q is a fantastic laptop that boasts a premium performance for everyday use. Intel processing and large storage makes it ideal for all the family and versatile for a variety of tasks.
- High performance Intel core i5 processor giving speeds of up to 3.2GHz. Combined with 8GB of RAM this laptop will handle any task you challenge it with.
- Connect your laptop to a HDTV or monitor using the HDMI connection and view your videos on the big screen. What’s more SRS Premium Sound HD will deliver great quality audio to compliment your multimedia.
- Have all your accessories to hand as the L855-17Q comes equip with an array of connections such as 3 USB slots and a memory card reader.
Store all your multimedia on the large 1TB hard drive. From photos and video to music and files, keep everything in one place.
- 3D Ready
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 4 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1 megapixel HD webcam
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD±R/RW Double Layer
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H32.55 x W380 x D242mm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i5 3230M
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.6GHz to 3.2GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i5
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 14.1" to 16"
- Touch Screen
- TV tuner card Information Device that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- 2.3 kg
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Microsoft® Solitair Collection
Nero 12 Essentials
SRS Premium Sound HD™
TOSHIBA Function Key
TOSHIBA Media Player by sMedio TrueLink+
TOSHIBA Desktop Assist
TOSHIBA Eco Utility™
McAfee® Internet Security (30 day subscription)
TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor
TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator
TOSHIBA Resolution+ Plug-in for Windows Media Player
TOSHIBA Service Station
TOSHIBA System Settings
McAfee® Security Advisor for Toshiba
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® AppUp Center
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy