Product code: 46413101
Libre Eau de Parfum. The fragrance of freedom by YSL. Starring Dua Lipa, Global Fragrance Ambassador for YSL Beauty.
Inspiration: LIBRE, the French word for ‘free’, pays tribute to YSL’s most defining value: freedom. Freedom to be yourself. Freedom of choice. No compromise. Your own rules. Since 1961 freedom dresses the YSL woman: fierce, bold, authentic. A woman powerful like ocean waves crashing against the shore. With fire burning in her soul, like flames flickering in the breeze. Bestowing strength, like an eagle soaring through the sky.
To embody LIBRE is British singer song-writer Dua Lipa. “To be free for a woman in 2019 goes without asking. We live life by our own rules.” Dua Lipa.
Scent: A grand floral Eau de Parfum with an unequivocal YSL twist. The burning sensuality of the orange blossom flowers from Morocco, twisted with the aromatic boldness of lavender from France. Lavender, traditionally used in male perfumery is given an ultra sensual facet for a women’s perfume that is both fiery and couture, with that uniquely androgynous YSL attitude. Crafted by master perfumers Anne Flipo and Carlos Benaïm.
- Top notes: tangerine, neroli, lavender
- Heart notes: jasmine sambac, orange blossom
- Base notes: white musks, vanilla extract
- Key notes: orange blossom, lavender
Bottle: A covetable bottle, like a couture accessory stitched from fine materials. Structured yet unexpected, with tailored YSL craftsmanship. Sharp and elegant like a sculpted silhouette, the LIBRE bottle is embellished with the legendary YSL logo in gold-tone hardware, oversized, bending around the glass. Combining precision with sophistication, the glass on the bottle’s side showcases a V cut, a nod to the V neckline of the signature YSL tuxedo, contrasted by golden chains around the neck of the fragrance. The richly luminous juice is juxtaposed with the asymmetric black lacquered cap to create a design of impeccable cut.
Feel free to love, and show your love. Pamper yourself with LIBRE and share it with those most special to you. An indulgent gift, suitable for all of life’s most celebrated occasions.
How to use:
- For light intensity: spray in a cloud around your head and shoulders, let the fragrance fall gently around you
- For medium intensity: spray in a y-shape across your body, beginning at one shoulder and finishing at the other. If you are wearing jewellery it is a great alternative to spraying your neck
- For added intensity: apply perfume directly to your pulse points and / or hot spots (wrist, inner elbow and lower neck). Here the heat of your body will allow the fragrance to reveal its full trail. Include shoulders and back to intensify your perfume trail
Other application tips:
- Hair & hair accessories: they can be fragranced for a gentle fragrance trail. For just a halo of scent, spray your hair brush only
- Garments: perfume the inside of your jacket and coats for a medium trail. For added intensity of fragrance go further and perfume your blouse/jumper
- Scarves: for lighter fragrance, spray a scarf and wrap the scarf around your neck to transfer fragrance onto yourself gently
- Bathing: spritz perfume on warm bath water for an indulgent experience
- Beauty Category
Displays the beauty category.
- Beauty Collection
- YSL Beauty Icons
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Fragrance Range
- Fragrance Release Date
- Perfume or Fragrance Type
- Eau de Parfum
The family or sub-group which this fragrance could be classified under. The four primary fragrance families are Floral, Oriental, Woody and Fresh.
- Floral Oriental
- Scent Intensity
The intensity or strength of the fragrance. Light – subtle and suitable for everyday wear Moderate - a noticeable but not overpowering signature scent Strong - ideal for those who want to make a bold, confident statement
- Scent Longevity
Approximately how long the scent remains detectable when worn. Light - up to 2 hours Medium - 2 to 4 hours Long-Lasting - 4 hours +
Delivery & returns
- Click & Collect
Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores
Collect your delivery from over 7000 local convenience shops within 3 days. Order before 6pm Sunday - Friday for collection the next day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
Delivery on the day of your choice, 7.30am - 6pm, 7 days a week. Order by 6pm for delivery the next day. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Pre 10.30am next work day
Next day UK delivery pre-10.30am
- Standard Delivery
UK delivery within 5 days, 7.30am - 6pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.50.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.