We've selected the best from our shops to create a great range of products which you can access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hope that you'll find using our website quick and convenient, and we'll guide you safely through the online shopping experience, because your privacy and security is extremely important to us.
These features will help make your shopping experience even easier:
- Home page link: You can get back to our home page at any time by clicking on the John Lewis logo on the top left of the screen
- Navigation bar: The names on the navigation bar near the top of the screen directly under the John Lewis logo are the "departments" of our online shop. If you hover over one of these, you'll then see a drop-down menu with further product categories within that department. Clicking on one of those categories takes you to a new page containing all sections and products associated with it. the menu on the left of the screen will give you more refined options.
- Search box: the search box is always in the top right corner of the screen. You can search by product or brand name, key words such as the product type, or the unique 8-digit product code. You may also like to use our A-Z product or brand indexes, which are both accessible from each web page
- Your basket:
- The number of items in and the subtotoal of your basket can always be seen at the top right of the screen. If you hover your cursor above the "Your basket" link, you can see what's in your basket, and you can remove items or change quantitiies in that viewing panel
- Sign in/register: If you create an account with us (click on register or create an account when you prompted in checkout), then you can view and amend details on it, and view and track your orders by signing in when you visit the website. You can also create a Wish List, useful for bookmarking products you like but don't want to buy just yet
- Wedding and Gift List: (opens in a new window)
Out of stocks
We understand it's frustrating to see that the item you want to buy is out of stock - so why do we continue to show these products when they're not currently available for you to buy?
It's because we believe you'll want to know that we normally stock that item, in case you want to buy it at a later date once more stock's been delivered, or if you want to try one of our shops. It means you'll still have the product details to hand, and in some instances we're able to offer you the option of emailing you once the item does come back into stock.
Our Search engine works by checking your search term against all the product titles, product information and product codes currently on the website. It then shows products on the page that may match your query. The Search engine will also try to match your query with similar relevant terms; a search for blue tops for example, will return different types of tops such as T-shirts and jumpers in all shades of blue.
You can search in broad terms such as microwave, or be more precise, such as red cashmere jumper. A generic term like bag may return far too many results for you to sift through; however, pink leather bag would give you a much more refined result to look at. You'll get the most precise results by searching for an 8-digit stock code, which you can find when you view a product in a John Lewis catalogue or shop.
From the search results page, you'll be able to refine your search by selecting a department or a brand. After selecting a department, more refinement options will become available. You can also sort your results by price, name, newness or popularity.
If you can't find what you're looking for, try browsing using the naviagation bar at the top of the page. If you're searching for a product you've seen in your shops, it may not be available online at present, as not all products are currently stocked on johnlewis.com.
We offer various ways for you to pay for your order, including: John Lewis and Waitrose Account Cards; partnership card™; Visa and MasterCard (including pre-paid cards); Delta; Maestro; Solo; American Express; John Lewis gift vouchers (with holographic panel; older style paper vouchers can only be redeemed in our shops); partnership card vouchers; and johnlewis.com money-off coupons. You can use a combination of gift vouchers and any payment card we accept to pay for your order.
We also accept PayPal, and the Compliments gift card. If you're using the Compliments card, please select Solo as your method of payment at checkout.
Placing your order
Once you've found the items you’d like to buy and have added them to your basket, you can begin the checkout process by clicking on the “Your basket” link at the top of your screen.
- You can go straight to checkout to pay for your goods and arrange delivery. You can also opt to register with us so that you can retrieve your details and chosen delivery address/es. (Please note that this does not include your payment card details.)
- You’ll be asked to set up a password to access your account.
- If you’ve already registered online with John Lewis or Waitrose, simply enter your email address and password.
- At checkout, you can review and amend your order details on the Order Summary page
- When you're ready to complete your order, click the ’place order now’ button and wait for an online receipt. You'll also be sent a confirmation email with details of your order shortly after we've received it.
- Your confirmation email will have the subject line 'Thank you for shopping at John Lewis'. In the 'What happens next?' section of this email, you'll find information about when your products will be delivered
- Find out about our delivery lead times
- If you haven’t received this email within 24 hours of placing your order, or your products have not been delivered within the timescale stated in the email, or you have any other questions, then please email our Customer Services team or phone us on 08456 049 049 any time between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week.
For most products sent directly from our warehouse, your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is despatched. If the product is being delivered direct to you from a supplier, for instance in the case of larger products such as electrical appliances and furniture, you may be charged at any point between confirmation of your order and despatch.
Changing your online account information
If you wish to change or update your online account information (including your email address, password or communication preferences) simply click on 'My John Lewis' in the top menu bar or click here to go the `My John Lewis` page. Then simply enter your email address and password and you will then be able to change the details that you originally gave.
If you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe from our mailing list, then go into 'My John Lewis' and click on the `Your interests and promotional preferences` link.
VAT receipts and refunds
To obtain a VAT receipt , sign into My John Lewis and then click on the View your order/obtain VAT receipt link.
Unfortunately, we don't have the facility to deduct VAT when charging for goods. If you're resident in the Channel Islands and qualify for a VAT refund, please email Customer Services or contact us on 08456 049 049 between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week, after your goods have been delivered. We'll then credit the amount of VAT charged.
Contact us @johnlewis.com
If your query relates to order tracking, please click here.
If you're experiencing difficulties placing an order, please email us with details of the problem and we'll try to resolve it as quickly as possible. Alternatively you can contact our Customer Service team on 08456 049 049 to place your order.
If you'd like to ask a question or make a comment on your experience of using johnlewis.com, please contact us through one of the methods below.
- By email
Complete our online form to send an email to our Customer Service team. We aim to respond to your email within 24 hours of receipt
- By telephone
Call our Customer Service team on 08456 049 049, any time between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week. (Local rate number for BT users only. As mobile and other network call charges may vary, please refer to your service provider for more details.)
- By telephone from abroad
Call +44 (0)1698 54 54 54
- By fax
Fax us on 08456 049 050. (Local rate number for BT users only. As other network call charges may vary, please refer to your service provider for more details.)
- By post
Write to: Customer Services, johnlewis.com, PO Box 19615, Erskine PA8 6WU.
- Technical support
If you have any queries or problems with an electrical or technology product, call our JL technical support line on 0844 693 1799 (call charges will depend on your telephone provider. Please check with your operator for exact charges) or email email@example.com from 8am to 9pm weekdays, 8am to 8pm Saturday and 10am to 6pm Sundays – calls are charged at a local call rate. To help us handle your query promptly, please have your model number available.
Contacting our shops
Please contact your nearest John Lewis if you have any questions about a purchase you’ve made in one of our shops. Contact details can be found on each shop's website.
If you have any cause for comment or complaint whilst you’re visiting a John Lewis shop, please let us know there and then so that we can resolve matters as quickly as possible.
Alternatively, to email the shop with a complaint, comment, or any kind of enquiry, please use this online form.
Other useful numbers
- Email our Gift List here
- By phone: contact our Guest line on 0845 600 2202 (Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 8am - 6.30pm, Sunday 10am - 5pm)
- Call our Partnership card™ services on 0845 300 3833 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (Local rate number)
- Textphone (for the hard of hearing) 0121 265 3051 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our code of practice for complaints
We hope that you're pleased with any purchase you've made or service you've received from John Lewis, and that you'll never have reason to complain - but if there's something you're not happy with, we'd like you to tell the relevant John Lewis team about it so that we can try to put matters right.
Complaint handling and dispute resolution process
Step 1: Contact us
In the first instance, if you’re in one of our shops, do ask to speak to a manager; otherwise please contact us using one of these options. If you call us, we’ll try to sort out your complaint while you’re on the phone. If this isn’t possible, the advisor will agree a course of action with you.
Tel: 08456 049 049Email us
Customer Relations Department
PO Box 19615
Erskine, PA8 6WU
For problems or queries with
your purchase or service from johnlewis.com
Tel: your local shopEmail us
Customer Relations Department
PO Box 3586
Glasgow, G73 9DW
For problems or queries with your purchase or service from one of
Tel: 0844 693 1799
Customer Relations Department
PO Box 729
Exeter, EX1 9QZ
For problems or queries with an
electrical or technology product you've bought from us
Step 2: Escalating the complaint
If you're not satisfied with our response, please ask for the issue to be considered again. You have the option to discuss the issue with the relevant department manager in our shops, or the online team manager for online complaints.
Step 3: Contacting Head of Customer Service
If after contacting us you feel we still haven't resolved your complaint satisfactorily, please write to or email our Head of Customer Service
Head of Customer Service
171 Victoria Street
London SW1E 5NN
We're committed to making johnlewis.com accessible to all users, including disabled shoppers, and we're continually working to improve it.
Our long-term goal is to be able to conform to a level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conforming to these guidelines will help make the site more user friendly for everyone.
Our site is built using HTML5 and displays correctly in current browsers. Using standards compliant with HTML/CSS coding means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
We’re continually working towards bringing all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime, should you experience any difficulty in accessing the John Lewis website, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Our website includes the following features:
Modern browsers can magnify websites instantly, keeping the design intact but assisting legibility for visually-impaired users. This feature is supported on the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+
- Mozilla Firefox 3+
- Apple Safari 4+
- Google Chrome 2.0+
Background and foreground colours have been chosen to provide a high degree of contrast to maximise visibility. These colours are controlled within the cascading style sheets, which may be overridden by altering the user's browser settings.
Some areas of our site now use tabbed containers to allow you to select the information you want to read and stop the page from looking overcrowded. All the available content is read out by screen readers when the page is loaded.
We try to ensure that forms are completed and coded correctly, so that assistive technologies can read out the content in a logical and appropriate way.
Adobe pdf files
Some additional information is available on our website in the form of Adobe pdf files. Clicking on a link to these files will open a new browser window. We're working to make our most important documents fully accessible.
For more information about reading these files with assistive technology, please visit www.adobe.com
Alternatively you can use Adobe's online tools to convert PDF files to HTML.