Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau Eau de Parfum, 75ml
Poetically named L’Ombre dans l’Eau, “The Shadow in the Water,” it is a fragrance that recalls a lush garden at water’s edge and a brief glimpse of life.
Tuberose asserts itself, expressing all its sunny, hazy, creamy, indolent seductiveness. Anyone with blood in their veins will succumb to the irresistible temptation of this insolently seductive white flower.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Fragrance Range
- L'Ombre Dans
- Fragrance Type
- Eau de Parfum
- Scent Information The family or sub-group which this fragrance could be classified under. The four primary fragrance families are Floral, Oriental, Woody and Fresh.
- Scent Intensity Information The intensity or strength of the fragrance. Light – subtle and suitable for everyday wear Moderate - a noticeable but not overpowering signature scent Strong - ideal for those who want to make a bold, confident statement
- Scent Longevity Information Approximately how long the scent remains detectable when worn. Light - up to 2 hours Medium - 2 to 4 hours Long-Lasting - 4 hours +
The diptyque story began in Paris at 34 boulevard Saint-Germain with, at its heart, three friends driven by the same creative passion. Christiane Gautrot was an interior designer, Desmond Knox-Leet, a painter, and Yves Coueslant, a theater director and set designer. The first two collaborated designing fabrics and wallpaper for Liberty and Sanderson. They were joined by the third in 1961 and opened a shop to display their designs. Yves became the administrator and consultant; Desmond and Christiane were the artistic soul. Bit by bit, with finely honed taste, the trio transformed the site into a one-of-a-kind setting, a kind of stylish bazaar where one found surprising articles unmatched in Paris, mined and conveyed home by the trio over the course of their travels.
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Friday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Friday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy