Returns Policy. Our customers terms & conditions
Exchanges and refunds
Returning your product because you changed your mind
Please return your item unused and in original condition (including all labels and tags intact) with proof of purchase within 35 days, and we’ll give you an exchange or refund, as long as your returned product meets our terms and conditions.
For online and telephone purchases, we'll refund the standard delivery charge if the full order is returned within 14 days.
See here for more information on your rights under Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
If you wish to return an item of jewellery or a watch which has a value of over £500, please take it back in person to a selected John Lewis & Partners shops that stock jewellery and do not return by post or courier. Please be aware that we'll only process your refund once the item has been returned to and checked by our specialist; this can take up to 14 days.
Returning a faulty item
If your product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, please return with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Please disable any security features and remove your personal data.
After 30 days, we’ll repair or replace the product in accordance with the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Terms & conditions of our policy
If you've changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we'll exchange or refund it.
By original condition we mean:
- you’ve kept all original packaging and labels in good condition and the product can be resold at full price
- you haven’t used the product
- the product contains no personal data and isn’t registered to a user.
Unless faulty, this must be within 35 days of purchase:
- We're unable to accept returns at John Lewis & Partners Heathrow & John Lewis & Partners Swindon Outlet
- If you have your receipt or order confirmation email, we’ll refund using the original payment method used. If you purchased online with a gift card or voucher, usually we’ll refund you to an e-gift card.
- We’re unable to refund or exchange products made to your own specifications or personalised for you, unless faulty.
- See below for the full list of products that can’t be returned
- For online or telephone purchases we’ll refund the standard delivery charge, provided you return the full order within 14 days. If you are only returning some of the items on your order, then we will only refund the cost of those items
- Please note that if you return products which are outside our returns policy or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we’re unable to process a refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
Which products can't be returned?
The following products won’t be eligible for exchange or refund (unless faulty or not as described):
- Products you received over 35 days ago
- Products that have been opened or unsealed (other than where necessary to inspect)
- Products without original packaging or labels
- Products or packaging in poor condition
- Products that contain your personal data or have been manufacturer-registered
- Gift Cards, CDs or vinyl records that have been opened
- Perishable goods that contain food products (eg. Hampers) or which have an expiry date
- Live plants and trees (including live Christmas trees)
- Computer software that has been opened or redeemed
- Where a product has been personalised for you, or made to your specific measurements
- Products that cannot be returned for hygiene reasons:
- Pierced earrings
- Face coverings
- Swimwear (where the hygiene seal has been removed)
- Lingerie briefs and stick-on bras
- Mattresses (unless indicated in a supplier promotion)
- Beauty products
- Toilet seats and brushes
- Personal care products (such as electric razors, breast pumps)
Please note that if you return products which are outside our returns policy or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we’re unable to process a refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
Refund or cancellation of a Protect Plus policy
Should you wish to cancel your policy, please contact Domestic & General on 0333 000 4994 (8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 6pm Sundays and public holidays). You can also cancel by visiting www.myprotectplus.com or by writing to Domestic & General Insurance PLC, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8JP.
If you cancel the policy within 45 days from receipt of your documentation or from the policy start date, whichever is later, you will receive a full refund of the premium paid.
After 45 days you may cancel the policy and will receive a pro rata refund of the premium you have paid based on the number of full unexpired months of cover remaining, regardless of whether a claim has been made, except where the Policy has ceased as detailed under ‘Our right to cancel your policy or bring it to an end’.
If this policy has been provided free of charge then you are not entitled to a refund.