Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
The Singer 8280 is a simple, robust and reliable mechanical machine with a large stitch selection dial and 7 useful stitches. It’s suitable for sewing light to medium fabrics.
A simple reverse lever lets you sew backwards without having to turn your fabric; the twin needle function adds a decorative element to your stitching; and with a 4-step buttonhole and adjustable stitch length and width, this is an excellent machine for both beginners and more experienced sewers.
Other features on the 8280 include: stitch length adjustment to 4.2mm; stitch width adjustment dial to 5.0mm; built-in accessory storage; snap-on pressure feet; free arm; full accessory pack.
- Alphabet styles Information Easy way to sew letters
- Auto thread tension Information Ensures stable stitch quality
- Buttonhole styles Information Gives flexibility when sewing different garments
- Buttonhole type Information The fewer steps, the easier and faster the process
- Electronic foot speed control Information Gives greater control, even at slow speeds
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Hook movement Information Oscillating is a half-circle movement of the bobbin; rotary moves full-circle, reducing thread jams
- Integrated drop feed Information Feed teeth drop down so fabric has free movement. Useful when quilting or embroidering
- Integrated dual feed Information Provides equal feeding of top and bottom layers of fabric. Useful when quilting
- Integrated needle threader Information Makes it easy to thread the needle
- Knee lifter Information Lets you lift the presser foot when using both hands to control the fabric
- Manufacturer's Guarantee
- 2 years
- Model name / number
- Needle up/down function Information Lets you to programme the needle so it always finishes in the down or up position. Useful when pivoting on corners
- Reverse button Information Sews in reverse to reinforce the stitch
- Sewing Machine Type
- Sewing speed Information Measured in revolutions per minute
- 750 rpm
- Stitch options Information The more stitch options, the more designs you can use
- Suitable for fabrics
- Light to medium
- Suitable for user
- Thread cutter Information Neatly cuts the thread after sewing
- Tutorial DVD
- View-through bobbin cover Information Shows you when your bobbin is low on thread
- Width adjustment Information Lets you adjust the stitch setting manually
Click & collect for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
If you're not completely happy with your item, return it to us for FREE via:
Fill out your reason(s) for return on the back of the delivery note and use the pre-paid Royal Mail Returns label.
John Lewis shops
Take the product and your delivery note to the appropriate department in any of our shops.
Exceptions apply; see returns and refunds information.
Q & As