Welcome to the johnlewis.com website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website. View terms and conditions relating to International delivery.Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our Customer Service team by e-mail, or call us on 08456 049 049 between 7am-midnight. Please note that all calls to Customer Services will be charged at the local rate (BT users only, other network charges may vary). Inbound and outbound calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
"Conditions" means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions; "Product" means a product displayed for sale on the Website; "Product Description" means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided; "Special Conditions" means the terms and conditions in the Product Description; "Users" means the users of the Website collectively; "Personal Information" means the details provided by you on registration; "We/us" means John Lewis plc; "Website" means the website located at www.johnlewis.com or any subsequent URL which may replace it; "Cookies" means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer; "United Kingdom" means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and "You" means a user of this Website.
Use of the website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting our Customer Service Representatives by e-mail, or calling us on 08456 049 049 between 7am-midnight.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
These are based on your past purchases, top sellers, ratings and recently-viewed products. We determine your interests and suggest new products you may like; additionally we compare your interests and buying habits with the interests and habits of other customers, to show you relevant products.
Your recommendations may change when you make a purchase and move around the site. You might like to add products that interest you to your wish list for future reference.
We take reasonable care to ensure our recommendations are in line with your behaviour as a customer on johnlewis.com. Details of the products we recommend - such as price - are correct at the time recommendations are originally made to you, but can be subject to change without notice.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and anysearch terms that you entered on our website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with John Lewis products which are relevant to your browsing history when you visit other websites. Find out more here .
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
If you are purchasing a television or television receiving equipment from us, please note that the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967 requires us to notify the TV Licensing Authority, giving full details of the address to which the TV will be delivered. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from The John Lewis Partnership by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, by e-mailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us on 08456 049049 between 7am and midnight.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within the John Lewis Partnership and to reputable third parties who will help process your order. John Lewis requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside ofthe John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites).
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed as follows:
P O Box 19615
Erskine PA8 6WU
Purchase of products
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Find out more about our Refund policy which is incorporated into these Conditions.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions onthe Website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from johnlewis.com.
- As your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Change or cancel an order
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions.
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by johnlewis.com. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with johnlewis.com please write to us at the following address:
PO Box 19615
Erskine PA8 6WU
Contract cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided that you exercise your right and notify us no longer than 7 working days after the day on which you receive the Products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract after your order has already been despatched, we will refund the original purchase price and delivery charge, provided that you have notified us in writing no longer than 7 working days after the day on which you receive the Products, and that you have taken reasonable care of the Products and not used them. Please follow the procedure set out in our Returns procedure.
Please note that your right to return Products does NOT apply to Products which fall into the following categories unless they are faulty or not as described:
- Made to measure or personalised goods
- Perishable goods (such as flowers and food)
- Unsealed CDs, DVDs, tapes or other recording media, software or videos
Please see our Refund policy for further details.
Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery datesand times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim tokeep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
Flowers and Hampers
In the event of supply difficulties, we reserve the right to substitute goods or packaging of equal quality and value.
johnlewis.com may sell products containing intoxicating liquor. For clarity a drink containing alcohol is classified as intoxicating if it contains more than 0.5% of alcohol by volume (0.5% abv). Vintages, labels and closures may vary. All wines are 75cl and all spirits and liquors 70cl unless otherwise stated.
Under the Licensing Act 2003 it is an offence to purchase or attempt to purchase alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18, or liqueur chocolates if you are under the age of 16.
johnlewis.com is committed to upholding both their legal and social obligations as a retailer of intoxicating liquor. To achieve this we have a number of control checks throughout the purchase and physical distribution process (e.g. requesting your date of birth when the order is placed).
In accepting these Conditions you agree to provide johnlewis.com truthful and accurate information and act in accordance with the Licensing Act of 2003.
Guarantees for large domestic appliances and consumer electronics products
We always honour the manufacturer's guarantee period where offered; these are usually one year unless otherwise stated. Please see individual product pages for details.
In addition to the first year manufacturer’s guarantee on all electrical and technology products we provide a second year service guarantee at no extra cost . On John Lewis own brand large electrical appliances (except microwaves), the guarantee is for 3 years, and it's 5 years on all TVs. We also include a 2-year guarantee on all lighting, except Christmas, solar-powered and nursery lighting.
What does the guarantee cover?
Our guarantees provide full cover against mechanical breakdown through normal use. This means that if your item develops a fault during the guarantee period, we'll arrange for it to be repaired free of charge, including all parts and labour. Your guarantee is transferable with ownership, so if you give or sell the item to someone during the guarantee period, it's still covered.
Large domestic appliances include the following ranges of products: washing machines, tumble dryers, washer dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, fridge freezers and cookers (excluding microwaves).
How does it work?
During the guarantee period, if your product develops a fault that needs to be repaired, look for visible signs of the breakdown and consult the fault-finding guide in the manufacturer's handbook, if any.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact your local John Lewis shop and talk to one of our Partners. You’ll need to provide us with details of your item, including the model number and date of purchase. You’ll find all of this information on our original receipt – this acts as your guarantee, so please make sure you keep it safe.
If we can’t repair your item, we’ll replace it with an item of equivalent specification. If no equivalent product is available we‘ll discuss an alternative settlement with you, and we’ll always do our best to make sure that you’re satisfied with the outcome.
What’s not included?
There are some specific exclusions from our guarantees, as follows:
- Repair costs caused by external factors such as computer viruses, faulty software, fire, theft, and weather (including lightning damage)
- Accidental damage, for example if your item has been dropped. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your household contents insurance policy
- Image ghosting or screen burn. These can appear on a screen that’s left operating for a prolonged period with either a still image or a channel constantly displaying a logo
- Pixel spots. These are tiny dark or bright spots that may become visible on a screen
- Digital television picture affected by any of the following: a misaligned or unsuitable aerial, climatic conditions, geographic location, poor quality or low strength broadcast signal
- Consumables such as batteries, ink cartridges, storage media, rear projection television bulbs, fuses, light bulbs etc
- Battery-operated toys
- Nursery, solar-powered and Christmas lighting
- If the product has been used commercially or for business purposes (with the exception of computers)
- Data loss
- Cosmetic items such as cabinet trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected
- Unblocking drainage channels in refrigeration equipment
- Frozen food loss as a result of the product breaking down
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product; and failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and/or installation guidelines
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the product
- Please note that our guarantees provide services for goods bought and used in the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
Accidental damage insurance
If you buy one of our service plans, Service Plan will take part of the payment that you make to them and use it to purchase Accidental Damage insurance on your behalf with London General Insurance Company Ltd. Please note that this type of cover is available to purchase elsewhere, and that your household insurance may provide, or be purchased to provide, the necessary cover. If you purchase a service plan from us, you can cancel the policy within 45 days of taking it out.
Accidental damage insurance – what is covered
1. Repair costs if your product breaks down as a result of an accident, (subject to the following terms and conditions) Cover will apply from receipt of your payment throughout your guarantee period and will continue until expiry of your service plan.
2. Cover is limited to the replacement cost of a new product of identical model and type. Should the identical product not be available, we will discuss an alternative replacement with you.
Accidental damage insurance – what isn't covered
1. Breakdown covered under the terms and conditions of your service plan (see above).
2. Repair costs for:
- Work covered by a manufacturer recall of the product;
- Consumer replaceable items including, but not limited to, batteries, light bulbs and other consumable items;
- Cosmetics items such as cabinet trim, scratches and rust;
- Breakdown caused by use other than personal by you or your resident family
- Deliberate damage or neglect.
3. Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss other than the repair and/or the replacement cost of the product.
4. Call out charges where no fault has been found with the product.
Claiming for accidental damage
1. Telephone 0844 871 7771 to arrange for an authorised repairer to inspect the covered product. You will be asked for:
- Contract number;
- Your name and address;
- Date when the accident occurred; and
- Make and model of your product.
2. The repairer MUST telephone to obtain authority for either the repair cost or replacement product.
1. The insurance will be provided for products bought and used in the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
2. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and each party hereby submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
3. You cannot transfer the insurance to someone else without our prior permission.
4. If a payment or replacement is made because the product is considered uneconomical or not possible to repair then:
- The cover ceases; and
- We may take possession of the product and dispose of it.
You will need Acrobat Reader in order to download a Service Plan terms and conditions form. Click here for a free download.
For online conversion tools for Adobe PDF documents click here.
Customer service for guarantees and service plans
In the unlikely event of a complaint concerning this insurance please contact:
Operations Manager, John Lewis Service Plan Administrator, PO Box 99, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF
If after this the matter remains unresolved please contact:
Customer Satisfaction Manager, John Lewis Service Plan Administrator, PO Box 99, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF
London General Insurance Ltd will confirm to you receipt of your complaint within five working days and do their best to resolve the complaint within four weeks. If they cannot, they will let you know when an answer may be expected.
If they have not resolved the situation within eight weeks they will provide you with information about the Financial Ombudsman Service.
For customers resident in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, this insurance is underwritten by London General Insurance Company Ltd whose registered office is: Floor 2, Integra House, Vicarage Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9JZ and is governed by English Law.
London General Insurance Company Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the Association of British insurers.
Service Plan Ltd and John Lewis plc undertake to comply with the Association of British Insurer's Code of Practice for the selling of General Insurance and are designated as company agents, for which the companies they represent accept responsibility. A copy of the Code is available on request.
Notice to customers
Any details you supply will be held by John Lewis plc, London General Insurance Company Ltd, Service Plan Limited and their Administrators who will have access to these details only for the purposes of administering your service plan. These details will not be kept for longer than necessary. You are entitled to a copy of this information.
You are advised that any telephone calls made to Service Plan's Administration and Claims Handling Units are recorded. These recordings may be used to monitor the accuracy of information provided by customers and our own staff, and may also be used to allow additional training to be provided to our staff or to prove that our procedures comply with legal requirements. Staff are aware that conversations may be monitored and recorded. From time to time Service Plan may contact you to ask if you have been satisfied with the service. You will be under no obligation to answer these questions but they will be grateful for your co-operation which will help them improve standards.
John Lewis gift vouchers and promotional discounts
- John Lewis gift vouchers can be exchanged for goods in all John Lewis and Waitrose shops, and can also be used to purchase goods online or over the telephone at johnlewis.com.
- Gift vouchers may not be used for magazine subscriptions, photo printing or software downloads on johnlewis.com.
- Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
- If the goods purchased online total less than the value of the gift voucher, any balance will be left as a credit for you with johnlewis.com, and will be redeemed against subsequent orders.
- Gift vouchers may not be used to discharge indebtedness on any account or credit card issued by John Lewis PLC, Waitrose Ltd, or John Lewis Financial Services Ltd, nor may they be used for the purchase either directly or indirectly of any financial product or service, including John Lewis gift vouchers.
- When redeeming gift vouchers online or over the telephone for products available via johnlewis.com, you will be required to give the serial number of the voucher, and the online security code which is revealed by scratching off the holographic panel.
- Once the panel has been scratched off the gift voucher cannot be redeemed in any of our shops. If the security code has already been used when shopping online or over the telephone at johnlewis.com, the voucher will be void. If your gift vouchers become accidentally damaged, please contact Customer Services.
- Gift vouchers are void if the perforated tear-off area has been removed.
- If you have to return goods you have purchased online using gift voucher/s, then in most instances we will credit your online shopping account against further purchases. You may also return goods to any John Lewis shop. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Coupons, discounts and promotional discount codes offered by johnlewis.com are valid only for use as part of a purchase made via johnlewis.com, unless otherwise stated. Such promotional discounts are not valid for use as part of a purchase in John Lewis shops, or for telephone orders.
2. To be a member of my John Lewis, you must be resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland and aged 18 years or over and have an email address. We may refuse an application for any reason. You may only have one my John Lewis account. We reserve the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time. You can choose to leave my John Lewis at any time by contacting John Lewis, or by opting out of receiving marketing information from John Lewis. You must keep us informed of any changes to your personal or membership details. We will not be responsible for any loss of vouchers or benefits resulting from details being out of date or inaccurate.
3. The my John Lewis card is not transferrable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card. my John Lewis cards and any other items issued by us remain the property of John Lewis and we may, at any time, terminate the my John Lewis membership scheme. my John Lewis cards must be returned to us on request or destroyed when no longer valid for use.
4. We may at our discretion decline to issue, withdraw or cancel my John Lewis accounts, cards, coupons and vouchers at any time.
5. We may remove a member from my John Lewis membership at any time where a member appears to have breached the Terms or behaved in an inappropriate, misleading or abusive manner.
6. We reserve the right to monitor the number of memberships in any household, and the right to cancel any suspected duplicated memberships.
7. Except where stated below, the my John Lewis card is valid in John Lewis shops (including the ground and first floor of Waitrose Food & Home Canary Wharf), and for purchases made via johnlewis.com. The my John Lewis card is not valid for use in any catering operations within John Lewis shops, any non-John Lewis branded concessions within John Lewis shops (such as Kuoni), John Lewis Heathrow airport, any Waitrose shops, Waitrose shops in motorway service or petrol stations, branches of Boots, at Waitrose Cookery School or on any Waitrose websites.
8. my John Lewis is only for personal use by consumers. my John Lewis cards may not be used for any business or commercial purpose. Use of a my John Lewis card does not constitute proof of purchase.
9. my John Lewis cards, coupons and vouchers remain the responsibility of the member, as do any security details relating to the account. We will not be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure their safe-keeping.
10. my John Lewis cards, coupons and vouchers cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded. Only one coupon or voucher can be used at any one time, and cannot be combined with any other offer.
11. All coupons or vouchers are subject to an expiry date, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Coupons or vouchers that are lost or mislaid will not be reissued. Coupons or vouchers for a regular hot drink and cake are only redeemable at John Lewis Place to Eat, Espresso Bar, Mall Café, Café or Coffee Shop. They cannot be redeemed at third party non-John Lewis branded food outlets within John Lewis shops, or at any Waitrose branches apart from Waitrose Café Ipswich.
12. By participating in my John Lewis, you agree that we and our sub-contractors can collect and use information about you, including your registration details, information about your transactions and other information that you supply. We may use your information to send you information, offers and promotions for products or services, but we won’t release personal details to any third party outside the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes, except where that third party provides mailing or marketing services on our behalf.
13. The Terms are governed by English law, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The promoter of my John Lewis is John Lewis plc of 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN.
Regular prize draw
1. The opening and closing dates of each prize draw will be 00:01 on the 1st of the month to 23:59 on the last day of the month ("Draw Period").
2. To enter into the prize draws for purchases made in store, you must present your my John Lewis card to a John Lewis Partner prior to payment.
3. Purchases made by a member via an online transaction will be counted for the purposes of the prize draws if the member is logged into their online my John Lewis account. For every £1 spent on Qualifying Items at Participating Stores (each as defined below) in each single transaction during the relevant Draw Period, a member will receive 1 entry into the store draw where the purchase was made or 1 entry into the online draw. The member can be entered into multiple store or online draws in any Draw Period. Amounts of less than £1 spent will not qualify for entries into either draw, but payments using vouchers won in previous draws will count as spend for the purposes of the prize draw. "Participating Stores" are all purchases made via www.johnlewis.com and at John Lewis shops (including the ground and first floor levels of Waitrose Food & Home Canary Wharf). “Qualifying Items” are any products or services purchased from John Lewis, with the exclusion of Gift List, Kuoni, John Lewis Insurance or John Lewis Nursery List purchases.
4. There will be one winner per Participating Store and one winner Online per Draw Period who will win a prize for using their my John Lewis card in that Draw Period in all Participating Stores ( “Store Prize”). We reserve the right to reclaim any Store Prize where a member has received a refund in respect of the Qualifying Item. Members may only win the Store Prize once in any Draw Period. Where an entrant’s name is drawn in more than one Participating Store during any Draw Period, we shall deem the entrant to have won the Prize for the Participating Store where the entrant’s largest total spend was made during the Draw Period.
5. Prizes will be awarded to entries picked at random by computer or an independent person 7 working days after the closing date, which is 23.59 on the last day of each Draw Period (“Prize Draw Date”). Each winner will be contacted by telephone, post or email within 21 days of the Prize Draw closing, and be sent their prize by post no later than 28 days after the Prize Draw Date. If a winner for a Prize Draw cannot be contacted using reasonable efforts within 21 days from the Prize Draw Date for that Draw Period, then an alternative winner will be drawn from the entries for the applicable Participating Store for that Draw Period.
6. There is no cash alternative to the Store Prize. We reserve the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable. The result of the Prize Draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The name and county of each winner will be available on request by sending a stamp addressed envelope to my John Lewis, Marketing, John Lewis, 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN and may be posted online.
7. Each winner may be required to participate in reasonable press or PR activity related to the prize draw as notified by John Lewis.
8. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these rules at any time without prior notice, with no liability to any entrants.
9. We can accept no responsibility for entries which fail to be properly submitted for any technical reason whatsoever, and will reject entries submitted by any other means.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
To provide additional information, on some products you'll find a link to an introductory Which? report, in turn linking to the Which? website. Which? allows you to access and print its content only for your own personal and non-commercial use.
We're pleased to be able to present Which's impartial advice on the Website, but please note that we cannot take responsibility for their recommendations or the content of any of their reports.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an "as is"and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect losses
suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what John Lewis and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email, phone or post via this link.
Our company details are:
John Lewis plc
Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN
Registered in England. Company registration number: 233462
VAT no: GB232457280