Ratings & reviews
YOUR OPINION MATTERS
You’ve told us that reviews are important to you – they’re important to us too. We value your opinions and encourage you to write honest reviews about products and services you’ve bought from us.
Your contribution helps us improve the products and services we make and stock and provide to you. Our buying teams pay attention to your reviews, so they can help with and resolve any issues you identify.
By letting us know what you think, you'll help other customers make the right decision and help us improve our service to you too.
HOW TO WRITE A REVIEW
Log in to your account
Find the product you want to review
Click on 'Write a review'
Rate your product
Tips for writing a great product review
Focus precisely on the product you’re reviewing, rather than the price or service provided
Tell us which features or benefits you liked, or what could have worked better
Please be as clear and concise as you can, so your review's easy to understand
Avoid mentioning other companies or websites
To protect your privacy, please don’t post any personal information about yourself or anyone else
All reviews are subject to moderation. Your review must focus on the specific product and not on competitors, the John Lewis & Partners business, or your customer service experience. We won't publish reviews containing profanities, personal insults or personal information. If you have any issues concerning customer service, to help with your enquiry and speed up resolution, please contact us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CUSTOMER CONTENT AND THE PRIZE DRAW
Customer Generated Content, including Reviews and Images
By submitting any content to John Lewis & Partners, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- all "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- you are at least 18 years old;
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold John Lewis & Partners (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to our Ratings and Reviews service provider) harmless from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant John Lewis & Partners a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By commenting “Yes” or “Agree” in response to John Lewis and Partners or Waitrose and Partners when prompted on social media:
- You agree to allow John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners to use, for the purposes set out below, your photograph, video and any other media content you submit (Your Content).
- You grant John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners exclusive permission to use Your content in support of any advertising and promotional activities carried out by John Lewis & Partners. This may include, without limitation JLP to use your content in any advertising and promotional material (including print, television, online or social media advertisement campaign.
- You grant John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute Your Content and/or incorporate Your Content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. This may include John Lewis & Partners distributing Your Content to a third party provider for use in any John Lewis & Partners related advertisement campaign.
- You confirm that you are the parent or guardian of any children featured in Your Content, or that you have obtained the express authorisation from the parent or guardian of any children featuring in Your Content.
You understand that for the purposes of administering the CRR services, it may be necessary for John Lewis & Partners to hold and process your personal data and for your likeness to be in the public domain. John Lewis & Partners will process your personal information in line with our Privacy Policies:
Ratings and Reviews Prize Draw
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that John Lewis & Partners and its third-party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
- Promotion open to residents of Great Britain, aged 18 or over, excluding anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- To enter, simply write a review of any product on johnlewis.com and you will be entered into a prize draw. Each month, one entry will be registered per product review that has been validly submitted by you and accepted by the Promoter during that month. For each additional product review you submit in the month, an additional entry will be registered for that month’s prize draw. Automated or bulk entries will not be accepted.
- Start Date: This promotion will be run monthly on the first day of every month from 1 November 2013.
- Closing Date: Entries must be received for each month’s draw online by 23:59 on the last day of every month
- We reserve the right to terminate the competition at any point
- There are 5 prizes each month, each prize being a £100 John Lewis Partnership gift voucher.
- The winners will be the first 5 entrants drawn monthly at random from all valid submitted entries. The winners will be selected and notified by email within 14 days of each monthly closing date.
- The prize will be sent in the post to the winner following such notification within a further 14 days.
- In the event that any winner refuses acceptance of the prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact with any winner within 14 days of the draw, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prize and award it to an alternative winner.
- The selection of the winning entries will be supervised by an independent person. The result of the prize draw is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The monthly winners’ details (name and county) will be available for six weeks from the last day of each month by sending a SAE to John Lewis Plc, 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN to be received on or after the last day of each month.
- Proof of submitting your entry is not proof of receipt of an entry by the Promoter. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. Entries submitted by any other means (including by email and post) will be rejected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason and any refused posts will not be entered into the prize draw. In writing your review, you acknowledge that you, not the Promoter, are responsible for the contents of your submission.
- The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason.
- John Lewis Partnership vouchers can be exchanged for goods in all John Lewis & Partners stores, including johnlewis.com and Waitrose & Partners.
- When redeeming gift vouchers online at johnlewis.com you will be required to give the serial number on the vouchers, plus the code beneath the scratch off panel. Once the panel has been scratched off this gift voucher can no longer be redeemed in a store.
- Gift vouchers cannot be used to discharge indebtedness in respect of an account card or credit card issued by John Lewis plc, Waitrose Ltd or John Lewis Financial Services Ltd, nor can they be used for the purchase either directly or indirectly of any financial product or service.
- Gift vouchers are non-transferrable and no cash alternative is available.
- Gift vouchers may not be exchanged directly for cash.
- Only original gift vouchers will be accepted and gift vouchers where the perforated tear off has been removed are void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
- By taking part in the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions by the winner may result in forfeiture of their prize.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.