Alessi 'Forma' Cheese Grater
Product code: 73020736
An organic shape inspired by pebbles smoothed down by water and wind, plied from stainless steel via a complex manufacturing process.
Designed by Zaha Hadid, "Forma" emphasises its main feature (forma means shape in Italian) a grater designed to mould to the shape of your palm, making it easy and pleasant to hold.
The perfect expression of the visionary design abilities of the Pritzker prize-winning architect, capable of absorbing facets of the visual arts and converting them into objects with fluid and dynamic shapes; small, sculptural table top architectures.
- Care instructions
- Wash in warm soapy water
- H20 x W14cm
Alessi draws inspiration from Italian industrial culture to create unique, contemporary products. Collaborating with over 500 designers around the globe, Alessi believes that “a true work of design must be able to move people, to convey feelings, to trigger memories…”
Born in Granerolo, Verbania, in 1916, Carlo Alessi studied technical design at the OMAR institute in Novara. At an early age, he worked in the metal workshop set up by his father, Giovanni, in 1921. In the fifties, he became managing director of the company, introducing a new international dimension, which he developed by working with external designers. He remained president of Alessi until 2009, when he passed away.
Alessi is now a B Corp, a company which strives to maximise the positive impact they have on their employees, the communities in which they operate and the environment, by using the business as a force for regeneration and sustainability.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.