TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the johnlewis.com website terms and conditions for use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by email, or call us on 03456 049 049 8am - 9pm, 7 days a week. All calls to Customer Services will be charged at the local rate (BT users only, other network charges may vary), and both inbound and outbound calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
These terms and conditions will apply to all orders for Products which are being delivered within the UK. If your order is for Products which are being delivered outside of the UK , please refer to our International Terms and Conditions.
Home £100 e-gift card offer (6 - 23rd Feb 2020)
£100 e-gift card promotion
- To qualify for the £100 e-gift card reward you need to spend a minimum of £500 in one transaction across home, and enter your my John Lewis membership number on the redemption site when claiming your reward.
- To qualify for the £100 e-gift card reward you must be a new or existing My John Lewis member.
- Promotion is valid for qualifying transactions made from 6 February to 23 February 2020 inclusively.
- You can claim your e-gift card between 2 April – 30 April 2020.
- One e-gift card can be claimed per My John Lewis customer who completes a qualifying transaction.
- This promotion excludes fitted furniture (made to measure fitted bedroom, bathroom and kitchen products), fitted flooring (carpets and wooden floors), fitted furnishings (made to measure window décor, including fabrics, curtains, shutters and blinds). Also excluded are all electrical (except lighting products, which are included) and fashion products.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion shall apply to all off-the-shelf curtains and blinds which can be purchased online and in store.
- Products included in the promotion are subject to availability.If qualifying product in Home is returned during the 35-day returns period, you will no longer be eligible to claim the e-gift card.
- You must have an email address to participate in the promotion (so that we can email the e-gift card reward).
- This promotion is not valid at John Lewis Heathrow and Swindon Outlet.
- The e-gift card can be used in John Lewis & Partners or Waitrose & Partners shops, in our catering units (excludes third-party outlets in John Lewis & Partners shops), and over the phone or online as part of full payment. For full details see gift card T&Cs.
- The following exclusions apply to use of our gift card and e-gift card: John Lewis Gift List, third-party restaurants and cafes in John Lewis & Partners shops, John Lewis Home Solutions, waitroseflorist.com, waitrosecellar.com, all petrol stations; Welcome Break shops; Waitrose & Partners Cookery School; the Waitrose & Partners Leckford Estate Farm Shop and Nursery; waitrosegarden.com; waitrosepet.com; Waitrose licensed shops in UAE. Gift cards and e-gift cards may not be used for magazine subscriptions, photo printing or software downloads on johnlewis.com.
- You cannot use a gift card or e-gift card to discharge indebtedness in respect of an account card or credit card issued by John Lewis plc, Waitrose Limited or John Lewis Financial Services Limited, nor can you use it for the purchase either directly or indirectly of any financial product or service, including John Lewis Partnership gift cards and e-gift cards.
- Please protect your card and treat it as cash; we cannot replace lost, stolen or damaged cards.
- The gift card will expire 24 months from purchase or last use. Buying a product or making a balance enquiry refreshes the 24-month expiry period. We will not refund any balance remaining, and we will invalidate the card.
- Promotion is only available for products purchased for personal non-commercial use. John Lewis reserves the right to not sell products to customers where it has grounds to believe that such products are being purchased for commercial use.
- John Lewis & Partners reserves the right to terminate the Promotion at any time at its discretion.
- By participating in this Promotion, you understand and acknowledge that we use a third party who will administer the Promotion and issue the e-gift card on our behalf.
LoveJL Home competition
1 WHO CAN ENTER
1.This competition is open to all residents of The United Kingdom, aged 18 years and over. All entrants must have a valid email address, public Twitter, public Facebook, or public Instagram account. If you are under the age of 18 years old, and you submit an entry, you must first obtain parental or legal guardian consent prior to submitting your photo. The John Lewis group of companies ("John Lewis") maintains the right to require any information they consider reasonably necessary to successfully verify your eligibility.
1.2 By entering this Prize Draw, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; and the instructions provided at the point of entry form as part of the Terms and Conditions of this photograph nomination. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
1.3 By entering this competition, you acknowledge and agree that five (5) nominated prize recipients will be selected and sent a £250 e-gift voucher. By entering this competition you are also agreeing to John Lewis re-using your image across their social platforms.
1.4 No purchase necessary. There is no charge to submit an entry via the John Lewis & Partners Instagram account.
2 HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION
2.1 To submit your nomination:Share your Instagram photos, tag @johnlewisandpartners and use the hashtag #LoveJL in the caption area. Only nominations made electronically via the above-referenced means will be entered to win the Prize Draw.
2.2 There is no limit on the number of images you would like to be included in the final prize drawing.
2.3 Grand prizes will be awarded to a randomised list of 5 nominations submitted between 6th October 2020 and 17:00 GMT, on 6th November 2020 ("Closing Date").
2.4 Proof of nomination is not proof of receipt. John Lewis accepts no responsibility for the content and in no way, is John Lewis required to use the submitted content in future promotional campaigns.
2.5 Any photograph or comment description that contains violence, hate speech, racist insignia, islamophobic insignia, anti-trans and homophobic placards or slurs, images of an overtly sexual nature, and images or speech that is not in-line with John Lewis's core values will not be included in the final grand prize draw.
3 DEADLINE FOR PHOTO SUBMISSIONS
3.1 Nominations must be appropriately tagged and hashtagged, no later than 17:00 GMT, on 6th November 2020 ("Closing Date").
3.2 Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
4 WHAT HAPPENS TO PHOTOS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE
4.1 The John Lewis team will randomly select five (5) nominations from the pool of images and comments, during the one (1) month Nomination Period, and no later than 13 November 2020.
4.2 Thereinafter, a direct message will be sent to five (5) prize winners informing them that their submission has been chosen.
4.3. Prize winners must respond within five (5) days of receiving a direct message, or they will forfeit their winnings and an alternative winner will be chosen at random.
4.4 Nominators understand that photos may be used at a later date for promotional usage.
5 OWNERSHIP OF SUBMITTED PHOTOS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
5.1 All photo nominations made during the life of this Prize Draw will become the property of John Lewis.
5.2 You agree that John Lewis may, but is not required to, make your photo available on its websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Prize Draw.
5.3 By submitting your photo to John Lewis, and any accompanying material, you agree to:
5.3.1 Assign to John Lewis all you Intellectual Property Rights with full guarantee; and
5.3.2 Waive all moral rights.
5.4 Any assignment of Intellectual Property Rights as mentioned above will be without any compensation to you.
5.5 By submitting your photo, and any accompanying material, you warrant that:
5.5.1 You are the owner and that your submission is a true and accurate likeness of yourself, is not defamatory and does not infringe upon any third party's rights; and
5.5.2 There are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict usage of your photo submission.
6 DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
6.1 By submitting your photo to this drawing, you acknowledge and accept that for the purposes of carrying out this prize draw, it is necessary for John Lewis to hold and process your personal data and for your likeness to be in the public domain.
6.2 If your photo is selected for future promotional usage, you agree that John Lewis may use your name, likeness alongside your submission and for any other reasonable usage, for no further consideration.
7 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
7.1 John Lewis and its associated agencies, companies and distributors will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits/, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not resulting from any person's negligence) in connection with this Prize Draw, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including liability for fraud, death, or personal injury resulting from negligence) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum permitted by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
8.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or if John Lewis believes that your conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the Prize Draw into disrepute, John Lewis and its Partners may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to make render your photo submission void and will entitle John Lewis to exclude you from participating in the Prize Draw.
8.2 The decision of John Lewis regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
8.3 John Lewis reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so, with no liability to any nominators or third parties.
8.4 This Event and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.John Lewis PLC a company with registered company number 233462 and registered office at 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN.
The Beauty Society
- If you’ve requested a specific Beauty Guide, we’ll do our best to accommodate you but we can’t guarantee that person will be available.
- Services must be booked by customers aged 18 or over. Any customer under the age of 18 needs consent from an appropriate adult, who is 18 or over.
- You may be asked to remove valuables such as rings prior to beginning your treatment, but we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to personal items; please keep them with you during your treatment.
- If you have any health concerns, please raise them with the Beauty Guide before your treatment begins (or if applicable, speak to your doctor prior to booking the appointment). This includes recent surgeries, injuries or allergies. We may be unable to carry out certain treatments if you are suffering with any skin conditions, are taking certain medications, or have had recent tattoos or piercings. Please talk to us before your appointment if you think you may be affected.
- Although every effort is made to use products suitable for your skin type, we are not liable for any allergic reactions that may occur following your appointment.
- Please tell us if you’re pregnant, as some products may not be suitable.
- If you’re late, then your treatment may be reduced or altered to accommodate this, but in some cases we may not be able to carry out the treatment at all and you’ll be asked to rebook your appointment for another time or day.
- It may not be possible to carry out some treatments if babies or children are present owing to health and safety regulations. Please check when booking your appointment if you plan to bring a child with you.
- For The Beauty School and The All the New You appointment the value of the appointment is redeemable against beauty products. Please note that if you do not spend the total value of the appointment during the transaction no money will be returned. The value of The Photo Finish appointments are not redeemable against any purchases.
- Following your booking we will be in contact for payment over the phone. Please allow at least 48 hours to cancel or amend your appointment; we will contact you to refund the payment within 48 hours of making the cancellation. For changes and cancellation within 24 hours of the appointment, we reserve the right not to refund any deposit you’ve paid.
- Conditions – means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions
- Product – means a product displayed for sale on the Website
- Product Description – means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided
- Special Conditions – means the terms and conditions in the Product Description
- Users – means the users of the Website collectively
- Personal Information – means the details provided by you on registration
- We/us – means John Lewis plc, registered office 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England. Company registration number 233462. VAT number GB232457280.
- Website – means the website located at www.johnlewis.com or any subsequent URL which may replace it
- Cookies – means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer
- United Kingdom – means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
- You – means a user of this Website.
Use of the website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Data which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Data by updating these details on your online account.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
Please see our Privacy Notice if you'd like more information on how we use your personal data to recommend products to you.
Privacy and cookies
We will treat all your Personal Data as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable privacy regulations and consumer legislation.
If you'd like to read more on how and where we collect or how we use your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice
In the Privacy Notice, you can also find out how to stop receiving marketing information.
Please see our cookies policy to learn more about what cookies we use, their nature, purpose and related usage of your personal data on johnlewis.com
Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
Flowers and Hampers
In the event of supply difficulties, we reserve the right to substitute goods or packaging of equal quality and value.
johnlewis.com may sell products containing alcohol. A product contains alcohol if it contains more than 0.5% of alcohol by volume (0.5% abv). Vintages, labels and closures may vary. All wines are 75cl and all spirits and liquors 70cl unless otherwise stated.
Under the Licensing Act 2003 and the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005, it is an offense to purchase or attempt to purchase alcohol if you are under the age of 18, In addition, in Scotland, liqueur confectionery cannot be sold to any person under the age of 16.
johnlewis.com is committed to upholding both their legal and social obligations as a retailer of alcohol. To achieve this we have a number of control checks throughout the purchase and physical distribution process (e.g. requesting your date of birth when the order is placed and flagging to you that a product is an age-restricted product).
By placing an order on johnlewis.com for any alcohol, you confirm that you are at least 18years old, or at least 16 years old if you are purchasing liqueur confectionery in Scotland.
Please see further details of our age-restricted goods and Challenge 25 policies below, under "Ordering, cancelling and returning products".
In accepting these Conditions you agree to provide johnlewis.com truthful and accurate information and act in accordance with the Licensing Act of 2003.2003 and/or the licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
Under the Video Recordings Acts of 1984 and 2010, it is an offence to sell an age-restricted DVD or game to a person under the specified age (12, 15 or 18).
By placing an order on johnlewis.com for any age-restricted digital media, you confirm that you are at least the age specified for that digital media. Please see further details of our age-restricted goods and Challenge 25 policies below, under "Ordering, cancelling and returning products".
It is an offence under the Pyrotechnic Articles (Safety) Regulations 2015 to sell Christmas crackers to any person under the age of 12 years old.
By placing an order on johnlewis.com for any Christmas crackers, you confirm that you are at least 12 years old. Please see further details of our age-restricted goods and Challenge 25policies below, under "Ordering, cancelling and returning products".
Ordering, cancelling and returning products
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website. Find out more about our Refund policy which is incorporated into these Conditions.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website
- We may send you an order acknowledgement email as soon as you place your order, and you will receive an order confirmation email detailing the Products you have ordered. These emails do not constitute acceptance of your order
- For items being delivered to you (as opposed to Click & collect), when your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Change or cancel an order
- For most products sent directly from our warehouse, your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is placed.
- If the product is being delivered direct to you from a supplier, for instance in the case of larger products such as electrical appliances and furniture, you may be charged at any point between confirmation of your order and despatch. The exact timing of this will vary according to supplier and the product you're ordering
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
- If you are placing an order for an item that by law is age-restricted, then by clicking the order confirm button you are also confirming to us that you are of at least the legal age required to purchase the product. By clicking the order confirm button, you further acknowledge and consent to us taking steps to verify your age by reference to publicly-available third-party sources. We reserve the right not to supply any age-restricted product where we reasonably believe that you are below the relevant minimum age.
- All age-restricted goods must be received by a person who is at least 18 years old at the time of delivery or click & collect handover. We require this regardless of the relevant age limit for the age-restricted product. As an example, age-restricted digital media with an age restriction of 15 can only be given over at the point of delivery or Click & collect handover to an individual who is 18 years old or over.
- We reserve the right to request proof of age identification from you if your order contains age-restricted goods, and we are unsure that you are at least 18 years old at the point of delivery or at the point of Click & collect handover. For the delivery or handover of all age-restricted goods, we operate on a Challenge 25 basis, which means that if we think you look under the age of 25, we will ask you to show us proof of age identification. If you are asked for proof of age identification and are unable to provide us with any, we reserve the right to withhold the delivery or Click & collect the order.
- Should we have taken payment prior to non-acceptance of your Order then we will refund you, but please note that it can take up to 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to you
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by johnlewis.com. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with johnlewis.com, please write to us at: Customer Services, johnlewis.com, Selectapost 57, Sheffield, S97 3GL
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return or cancel products does not apply to goods that are made to measure or are made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This doesn't affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email or call 03456 049 049, or write to: Customer Services, johnlewis.com, Selectapost 57, Sheffield S97 3GL
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Please see our Refund policy for further details.
Guarantees and accidental damage insurance
We offer guarantees on a number of home and all our electrical products. These guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights.
Between 14 June 2014 - 1 April 2020, accidental damage insurance was available for small appliances, technology and TVs via Added Care. Read more about Added Care including full terms and conditions.
Guarantees for large domestic appliances and consumer electronics products
We always honour the manufacturer's guarantee period where offered; these are usually one year unless otherwise stated. Please see individual product pages for details.
In addition to the first year manufacturer's guarantee on all electrical and technology products we provide a second year service guarantee at no extra cost, and it's 5 years on all TVs. We also include a 2-year guarantee on all lighting, except Christmas, solar-powered and nursery lighting.
What does the guarantee cover?
Our guarantees provide full cover against mechanical breakdown through normal use. This means that if your item develops a fault during the guarantee period, we'll arrange for it to be repaired free of charge, including all parts and labour. Your guarantee is transferable with ownership, so if you give or sell the item to someone during the guarantee period, it's still covered.
Large domestic appliances include the following ranges of products: washing machines, tumble dryers, washer dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, fridge freezers and cookers (excluding microwaves).
How does it work?
During the guarantee period, if your product develops a fault that needs to be repaired, look for visible signs of the breakdown and consult the fault-finding guide in the manufacturer's handbook, if any.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact your local John Lewis shop and talk to one of our Partners. You'll need to provide us with details of your item, including the model number and date of purchase. You'll find all of this information on our original receipt – this acts as your guarantee, so please make sure you keep it safe.
If we can't repair your item, we'll replace it with an item of equivalent specification (or if you have an electrical lighting product, we may supply spare parts instead). If no equivalent product is available, we'll either offer you the nearest equivalent specification or its selling price value , and we'll always do our best to make sure you're satisfied with the outcome.
What's not included?
There are some specific exclusions from our guarantees, as follows:
- Repair costs caused by external factors such as computer viruses, faulty software, fire, theft, and weather (including lightning damage)
- Accidental damage, for example if your item has been dropped. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your household contents insurance policy
- Image ghosting or screen burn. These can appear on a screen that's left operating for a prolonged period with either a still image or a channel constantly displaying a logo
- Pixel spots. These are tiny dark or bright spots that may become visible on a screen
- Digital television picture affected by any of the following: a misaligned or unsuitable aerial, climatic conditions, geographic location, poor quality or low strength broadcast signal
- Consumables such as batteries, ink cartridges, storage media, rear projection television bulbs, fuses, light bulbs etc
- Battery-operated toys
- Nursery, solar-powered and Christmas lighting
- If the product has been used commercially or for business purposes (with the exception of computers)
- Data loss
- Cosmetic damage such as cabinet trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected
- Unblocking drainage channels in refrigeration equipment
- Frozen food loss as a result of the product breaking down
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product; and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the product
- Please note that our guarantees provide services for goods bought and used in the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
Disposal of electrical products and WEEE regulations
John Lewis & Partners is a producer of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) and is therefore obligated under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations. We are fully compliant with all responsibilities as a registered member of a UK government approved WEEE Compliance Scheme, Comply Direct. Our WEEE producer registration number is WEE/DC0065TW.
The UK WEEE Regulations were first introduced in 2007 with the aim of reducing the amount of EEE ending up in landfill. As per the requirements of the Regulations, we finance the recovery and recycling of WEEE when it reaches the end of its life and ensure our EEE products are marked accordingly with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol and a date mark. We also provide information on reuse and environmentally sound treatment of the products.
More information about the WEEE Regulations can be found at www.gov.uk/electrical-and-electronic-equipment-eee-producer-responsibility (opens in a new window), and you can read more here
Home Services Terms & Conditions and Important Information
my John Lewis membership
- These terms and conditions, as well as the Privacy Notice displayed (together "Terms"), govern the my John Lewis scheme ("my John Lewis"). Additional terms and conditions may also apply for optional elements of my John Lewis such as competitions and prize draws. The Terms may be amended at any time by John Lewis, and the current version will be displayed here. Membership of my John Lewis is deemed acceptance of the Terms by any member or proposed member.
- To be a member of my John Lewis, you must be resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland and aged 18 years or over and have an email address. We may refuse an application for any reason. You may only have one my John Lewis account. We reserve the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time. You must keep us informed of any changes to your personal or membership details. We will not be responsible for any loss of vouchers or benefits resulting from details being out of date or inaccurate.
- As a member you'll receive loyalty communications relating to your membership through a number of channels which can include post and email. These may include exclusive rewards, offers and invitations from us. You can choose to leave my John Lewis at any time by cancelling your membership in the my John Lewis section of My Account at johnlewis.com. This will remove you from any future loyalty communications as we will be unable to deliver rewards and benefits to you. By leaving the scheme, this won’t affect your existing John Lewis marketing preferences, which are separate.
- The my John Lewis card is not transferrable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card. my John Lewis cards and any other items issued by us remain the property of John Lewis and we may, at any time, terminate the my John Lewis membership scheme. my John Lewis cards must be returned to us on request or destroyed when no longer valid for use.
- We may at our discretion decline to issue, withdraw or cancel my John Lewis accounts, cards, coupons and vouchers at any time.
- We may remove a member from my John Lewis membership at any time where a member appears to have breached the Terms or behaved in an inappropriate, misleading or abusive manner.
- We reserve the right to monitor the number of memberships in any household, and the right to cancel any suspected duplicated memberships.
- Except where stated below, the my John Lewis card is valid in John Lewis & Partners shops (including the ground and first floor of Waitrose & Partners Food & Home Canary Wharf), and for purchases made via johnlewis.com. You can use your John Lewis membership card in catering facilities run by John Lewis & Partners, but it will not be accepted in third party restaurants within our shops or Waitrose & Partners foodhalls located within John Lewis & Partners shops. The card will also not be accepted in any non-John Lewis & Partners branded concessions within our shops (such as Kuoni), John Lewis Opticians, John Lewis & Partners Heathrow airport, The Gift List, John Lewis Insurance or Financial Services purchases (including Foreign Exchange, International Payments, Interest Free Credit and ATM transactions), any Waitrose & Partners shops, Waitrose & Partners shops in motorway services or petrol stations, branches of Boots, at Waitrose & Partners Cookery School or on any waitrose.com websites.
- my John Lewis is only for personal use by consumers. my John Lewis cards may not be used for any business or commercial purpose. Use of a my John Lewis card does not constitute proof of purchase.
- my John Lewis cards, coupons and vouchers remain the responsibility of the member, as do any security details relating to the account. We will not be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure their safe-keeping.
- my John Lewis cards, coupons and vouchers cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded. Only one coupon or voucher can be used at any one time, and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- All coupons or vouchers are subject to an expiry date, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Coupons or vouchers that are lost or mislaid will not be reissued. Coupons or vouchers for a regular hot drink and cake are only redeemable at John Lewis & Partners Place to Eat, Espresso Bar, Mall Café, Café or Coffee Shop. They cannot be redeemed at third party non-John Lewis & Partners branded food outlets within our shops, or at any Waitrose & Partners branches apart from the cafés at Ipswich, Basingstoke and Horsham.
- Please see our Privacy Notice to see what personal data we collect, when we collect it and how we use it as part of the my John Lewis loyalty programme.
- The Terms are governed by English law, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The promoter of my John Lewis is John Lewis plc of 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN.
- A replacement card can be ordered by calling the my John Lewis team on 03456 100312.
- The Kitchen Drawer facility offered to my John Lewis members via the johnlewis.com website provides access to receipts and guarantees relating to purchases made either online with a registered my John Lewis account or in our shops where a my John Lewis card is scanned at the time of purchase (“Kitchen Drawer”), which will be displayed for purchases made after the date that the facility is launched.
- Whilst we will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure the functionality of Kitchen Drawer, we cannot guarantee the availability or reliability of Kitchen Drawer. We reserve the right to withdraw this facility in our discretion, and will not be liable for any losses suffered as a result of Kitchen Drawer being unavailable, non-functioning or withdrawn, or your reliance on the same. You are advised to retain copies of receipts, guarantees and transaction records provided at the time of purchase.
my John Lewis monthly prize draw
- The opening and closing dates of each prize draw will be 00:01am on the 1st of the month to 11:59pm on the last day of the month ("Draw Period").
- To enter into the prize draws for purchases made in store, you must present your my John Lewis card to a John Lewis Partner prior to payment.
- Purchases made by a member via an online transaction will be counted for the purposes of the prize draws if the member is logged into their online my John Lewis account. For every £1 spent on Qualifying Items at Participating Stores (each as defined below) in each single transaction during the relevant Draw Period, a member will receive 1 entry into the store draw where the purchase was made or 1 entry into the online draw. The member can be entered into multiple store or online draws in any Draw Period. Amounts of less than £1 spent will not qualify for entries into either draw, but payments using vouchers won in previous draws will count as spend for the purposes of the prize draw. "Participating Stores" are all purchases made via johnlewis.com and at John Lewis & Partners shops (including the ground and first floor levels of Waitrose & Partners Food & Home Canary Wharf, which will be included within the draw for John Lewis & Partners Stratford City ). "Qualifying Items" are any products or services purchased from John Lewis & Partners, with the exclusion of Gift List, Kuoni, John Lewis Opticians, John Lewis Insurance or John Lewis Nursery List purchases.
- Unless otherwise stated, there will be one winner per Draw Period who will win a prize for using their my John Lewis card in that Draw Period in all Participating Stores ("Prize"). We reserve the right to reclaim any Prize where a member has received a refund in respect of the Qualifying Item. Members may only win the Prize once in any Draw Period. In the event that more than one Prize is available in any Draw Period, a corresponding number of winners shall be selected.
- Prizes will be awarded to entries picked at random by computer or an independent person 7 working days after the closing date, which is 23:59 on the last day of each Draw Period (“Prize Draw Date”). Each winner will be contacted by telephone, post or email within 21 days of the Prize Draw closing, and be sent their prize by post no later than 90 days after the Prize Draw Date. If a winner for a Prize Draw cannot be contacted using reasonable efforts within 10 days from the Prize Draw Date for that Draw Period, then an alternative winner will be drawn from the entries for the applicable Participating Store for that Draw Period.
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize. We reserve the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable. The result of the Prize Draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The name and county of each winner will be available on request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to my John Lewis, Marketing, John Lewis & Partners, 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN and may be posted online.
- Each winner may be required to participate in reasonable press or PR activity related to the prize draw as notified by John Lewis & Partners. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these rules at any time without prior notice, with no liability to any entrants. We can accept no responsibility for entries which fail to be properly submitted for any technical reason whatsoever, and will reject entries submitted by any other means.
my John Lewis Virtual Beauty Weekend 30 July - 2 August Feedback Prize Draw
The opening and closing dates of each prize draw will be 00:01am on 30h July 2020 to 11:59pm on Monday 31st August 2020 ("Draw Period").
To enter into the prize draws for the myJohn Lewis Virtual Beauty Weekend, you must be registered as a myJohn Lewis member, and hold a ticket to one of our myJohn Lewis Virtual Beauty Weekend events running 30th July - 2nd August 2020.
Survey completion by a member via johnlewis.com/beautyweekendfeedback will be counted for the purposes of the prize draw if the member is logged into their online my John Lewis account. For the completion of the survey, a member will receive 1 entry into the online draw. A member cannot access this prize draw in store, as online survey completion is required.
There will be one winner for this Draw Period who will win the prize for completing the online survey. Members may only be in with a chance to win the Prize once, this Draw Period.
Prizes will be awarded to entries picked at random by computer within 7 working days after the closing date, which is 23:59 on the last day of each Draw Period (“Prize Draw Date”). Each winner will be contacted by telephone, post or email within 21 days of the Prize Draw closing, and be sent their prize by post no later than 90 days after the Prize Draw Date. If a winner for the Prize Draw cannot be contacted using reasonable efforts within 10 days from the Prize Draw Date for that Draw Period, then an alternative winner will be drawn from the entries applicable.
There is no cash alternative to the Prize. We reserve the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable. The result of the Prize Draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The name and county of each winner will be available on request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to my John Lewis, Marketing, John Lewis & Partners, 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN and may be posted online.
We reserve the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these rules at any time without prior notice, with no liability to any entrants. We can accept no responsibility for entries which fail to be properly submitted for any technical reason whatsoever and will reject entries submitted by any other means.
Gift cards, e-gift cards, gift vouchers and promotional discounts
- John Lewis Partnership gift cards and e-gift cards
- You can redeem the John Lewis Partnership gift card or e-gift card in John Lewis & Partners or Waitrose & Partners UK and Channel Island shops. You can also use it to purchase food and drink in our catering units (excludes third-party outlets in John Lewis & Partners shops), and for goods over the telephone or online at johnlewis.com or waitrose.com as part or full payment.
- The following exclusions apply to use of our gift card and e-gift card: John Lewis & Partners Gift List, third-party restaurants and cafes in John Lewis & Partners shops, John Lewis & Partners Home Solutions, magazine subscriptions, photo printing or software downloads on johnlewis.com, all John Lewis & Partners Optician shops, Waitrose & Partners Cookery School, Waitrose & Partners Leckford Farm Shop, Cafe and Nursery, Waitrose & Partners Rapid, waitroseflorist.com, waitrosecellar.com; waitrosegarden.com; waitrosepet.com; tobacco and tobacco products, postage stamps, scratch cards, lottery tickets, infant milk formula 0-6 months, prescription products, mobile top up, gift cards, e-gift cards, pay cards, car park charges, all petrol stations, Welcome Break shops, UK and Channel Islands only. Other exclusions may apply.
- You cannot use a gift card or e-gift card to discharge indebtedness in respect of an account card or credit card issued by John Lewis plc, Waitrose Limited or John Lewis Financial Services Limited, nor can you use it for the purchase either directly or indirectly of any financial product or service, including John Lewis Partnership gift cards and e-gift cards.
- Please protect your card and treat it as cash; we cannot replace lost, stolen or damaged cards
- The gift card will expire 24 months from purchase or last use. Buying a product or making a balance enquiry refreshes the 24-month expiry period. We will not refund any balance remaining and we will invalidate the card.
- Gift cards can be purchased in our shops with a minimum value of £1 (£10 online). Gift cards and e-gift cards have a maximum value of £500.
- Gift cards and e-gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash. We do not give change or refunds on gift cards or e-gift cards.
- If you are using a gift card or e-gift card online and the total order value is less than the value of the card, any balance will remain on the card and may be applied to future purchases, provided that the card has not expired.
- Where goods you have purchased with a gift card or e-gift card in our shops are subsequently exchanged for goods of a lower price or returned, monies owing will be refunded to a gift card.
- If you return goods you have purchased online using a gift card or e-gift card, we'll credit monies owing to your online shopping account . You may also return goods to any John Lewis & Partners shop where the purchase price will be refunded to a gift card. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you place an order at waitrose.com using a gift card or e-gift card and subsequently cancel the order before delivery, monies owing will be refunded to your gift card or e-gift card. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept a gift card or e-gift card which we deem to be tampered with, duplicated or which otherwise is suspected to be affected by fraud.
- We reserve the right to amend the gift card and e-gift card terms and conditions from time to time, where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so
John Lewis Partnership gift vouchers
- You can exchange John Lewis Partnership gift vouchers for goods in all our shops, and use them to purchase goods online or over the telephone at johnlewis.com and waitrose.com.
- You can redeem the John Lewis Partnership gift vouchers in John Lewis & Partners or Waitrose & Partners shops. You can also use it to purchase food and drink in our catering units (excludes third-party outlets in John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops), and for goods over the telephone or online at johnlewis.com or waitrose.com as part or full payment.
- The following exclusions apply to the use of John Lewis Partnership gift vouchers: , third-party restaurants, cafes & concessions in John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops; John Lewis & Partners Home Solutions; John Lewis Broadband; magazine subscriptions, photo printing or software downloads on johnlewis.com; all John Lewis & Partners Optician shop; Waitrose & Partners Cookery School; Waitrose & Partners Rapid; waitrosegarden.com; waitrosepet.com; tobacco and tobacco products, postage stamps, scratch cards, lottery tickets, infant milk formula 0-6 months, prescription products, mobile top up, gift cards, pay cards, car park charges, all petrol stations; Little Waitrose at Welcome Break; Little Waitrose at Shell garages; Waitrose licensed shops in the UAE. Other exclusions may apply.
- You cannot exchange gift vouchers for cash.
- If the goods purchased online total less than the value of the gift voucher, we'll leave any balance as a credit for you with johnlewis.com, and redeem it against subsequent orders.
- If the goods purchased in Waitrose & Partners and John Lewis & Partners shops total less than the value of the gift voucher, the change will be put onto a gift card.
- You cannot use gift vouchers to discharge indebtedness on any account or credit card issued by John Lewis plc, Waitrose Ltd, or John Lewis Financial Services Ltd, nor use them for the purchase either directly or indirectly of any financial product or service, including John Lewis gift vouchers.
- When you redeem gift vouchers online or over the telephone for products available via johnlewis.com, you will be required to give the serial number of the voucher, and the online security code which is revealed by scratching off the holographic panel.
- Once you have scratched off the panel, the gift voucher cannot be redeemed in any of our shops. If the security code has already been used when shopping online or over the telephone at johnlewis.com, the voucher will be void. If your gift vouchers become accidentally damaged, please contact John Lewis Financial Services on 0345 300 3833.
- Gift vouchers are void if the perforated tear-off area has been removed.
- If you have to return goods you have purchased online using gift voucher/s, then in most instances we will credit your online shopping account against further purchases. You may also return goods to any John Lewis & Partners shop. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Coupons, discounts, and promotional discount codes offered by johnlewis.com are valid only for use as part of a purchase made via johnlewis.com unless otherwise stated. Such promotional discounts are not valid for use as part of a purchase in John Lewis & Partners shops, or for telephone orders.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept a gift voucher which we deem to be tampered with, duplicated or which otherwise is suspected to be affected by fraud.
- We reserve the right to amend the gift voucher terms and conditions from time to time, where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so.
60-day trial on John Lewis & Partners mattresses in selected shops
1. Our 60-Day Mattress Trial starts on the date of delivery and an exchange can be redeemed between 45-60 days. This offer is only available in our Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Newcastle shops. Please visit your nearest shop to redeem.
2. Only one exchange per customer.
3. The offer is available when we can verify the purchase and delivery date.
4. Customers must buy a mattress protector in the same transaction as the new mattress. The mattress protector must be used with the new mattress for the trial to be valid. Our normal returns policy applies to mattress protectors. They are non-refundable once used.
5. The offer is available on all mattresses, excluding Special Buy, John Lewis Essentials and House By John Lewis.
6. This does not affect other Sleep Trials offered by brands.
7. Customers are entitled to an exchange, a refund of the difference if a cheaper equivalent is chosen, or pay for the difference if a more expensive equivalent is chosen.
8. Delivery must be to the same address as the first sale.
9. Selected postcodes apply.
10. There is a customer collection fee of £29.95 for the returned mattress.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
To provide additional information, on some products you'll find a link to an introductory Which? report, in turn linking to the Which? website. Which? allows you to access and print its content only for your own personal and non-commercial use.
We're pleased to be able to present Which's impartial advice on the Website, but please note that we cannot take responsibility for their recommendations or the content of any of their reports.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect losses
suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what John Lewis and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email, phone or post via the Customer services essential information page.
Our company details are:
John Lewis plc
Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN
Registered in England. Company registration number: 233462
VAT no: GB232457280
Page last updated 15 October 2020