Email me when available
Product code: 73020622
This special edition Tea Rex Kettle has been created to mark the 30th Anniversary of the original Alessi Bird Kettle.
Designed by the late Michael Graves, the whistling bird has been replaced with a dragon and, in the words of Michael Graves, 'does not breather fire, but lets off a little steam'. The kettle itself is made from 18/10 stainless steel and has a magnetic, heat diffusing stainless steel base, so it's suitable for use on induction hobs. The handle-cover, knob and whistle are plastic.
In order for the dragon to whistle, please ensure the water does not cover the spout otherwise there is no space for the steam to escape.
To avoid getting burnt, please wait until the last puff of steam has come out before removing the whistle.
Michael Graves was at the forefront of architectural design since founding his New Jersey-based practice in 1964 until his death in 2015. Not stopping at architecture though, the talented, self-dubbed 'general practitioner' of design also took the lead on interiors, furnishings and fittings for his projects; culminating in collaborations with household companies such as Alessi, Disney, Phillips Electronics and Black & Decker.
- Care instructions
- Wipe clean with damp cloth
- Country of Origin
- H22.5 x W25.5 x D22cm
- Model name / number
- 9093REX B
Alessi draws inspiration from Italian industrial culture to create unique, contemporary products. Collaborating with over 500 designers around the globe, Alessi believes that “a true work of design must be able to move people, to convey feelings, to trigger memories…”
Born in Granerolo, Verbania, in 1916, Carlo Alessi studied technical design at the OMAR institute in Novara. At an early age, he worked in the metal workshop set up by his father, Giovanni, in 1921. In the fifties, he became managing director of the company, introducing a new international dimension, which he developed by working with external designers. He remained president of Alessi until 2009, when he passed away.
Alessi is now a B Corp, a company which strives to maximise the positive impact they have on their employees, the communities in which they operate and the environment, by using the business as a force for regeneration and sustainability.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 2 to 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Local Collection Network
- Collect your delivery from thousands of local convenience shops. Your next available collection day will show at checkout.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Sorry, we’re not offering this service at the moment. We hope to resume evening and same day deliveries within London M25 shortly.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.