Apple AirPods, MMEF2ZM/A
Apple AirPods are designed to turn on and connect to to your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac the moment you remove them from their charging case*.
Your music will start playing the moment you put the AirPods in your ears and will pause when you remove them, so you don't miss a beat. To adjust the volume, change the song, make a call or even get directions, just double-tap to activate Siri.
Driven by the custom Apple W1 chip, AirPods use optical sensors and a motion accelerometer to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one, the W1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out background noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
Long battery life
AirPods deliver around 5 hours of listening time on one charge, but this may vary depending on the device you use them with. Just 15 minutes in the case should provide 3 hours of listening time.
*Requires an iCloud account and macOS Sierra, iOS 10 or watchOS 3.
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models with iOS 10 or later
- Apple Watch models with watchOS 3 or later
- Mac models with macOS Sierra or later
Please note: we have limited orders to 5 per household
- AirPods (each): 16.5 x 18.0 x 40.5mm; Charging case: 44.3 x 21.3 x 53.5mm
- Model name / number
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- AirPods (each): 4g; Charging Case: 38g
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Thursday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Get your head around the best sounds