Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Bridge Camera, HD 1080p, 16.1MP, 65x Optical Zoom, 3” LCD Screen, Black
With the Canon PowerShot SX60 HS, it's possible to explore details from a distance and capture stunning ultra-wide landscapes thanks to the versatile zoom lens. Featuring an electronic viewfinder, a range of controls for both beginners and experts as well as built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity, the PowerShot SX60 is a high quality bridge camera with quality and comfort in mind.
With the SX60, you don't have to choose between wide angle and superzoom. At 21mm at it's widest, the SX60 is great for taking photos of landscapes and fitting everything in one shot. To get closer to your subject, crank up the optical zoom as far as 65x for incredible magnification of long distance subjects.
High resolution photos and videos
A 16.1 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor and Canon Digic 6 image processor combine to form Canon's HS systems, delivering excellent performance, even in low light. Record videos at Full HD resolution and shoot incredibly detailed photos, wherever you are.
Suitable for beginners and experts
With a variety of modes available, it's easy for anyone to pick up the SX60 and start taking amazing photos and videos. Smart Auto mode gauges the conditions for you and chooses the optimum settings for your photos and videos. Alternatively, there are a range of different exposure modes including Manual mode that will let you fully explore your creative skills.
The Zoom Framing Assist button makes it easy to keep track of subjects moving when zoomed in. When pressed, it'll quickly zoom the camera out of the scene so you can relocate your subject, and then zoom back in as you release the button. The improved Auto Mode helps too, identifying when a subject begins to leave your frame and zooming out automatically. It'll also help you keep your subject at one size.
Take steadier shots, even at full zoom, and shoot for longer thanks to the ergonomic grip. Frame your subjects with ease using the Electronic Viewfinder. Zoom in quickly and quietly, thanks to the Ultra Sonic Motor (USM). Prevent blur from camera shake with the Enhanced Dynamic Image Stabiliser. The SX60 is kitted out to ensure comfortable use and excellent, stable results.
Built-in Wi-Fi will let you upload images and videos straight to social networks from the SX60, while the Mobile Device Connect Button and NFC make it easy to transfer photos straight to a compatible smartphone or tablet. You can even remotely control the camera with the Canon CameraWindow app.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Lens cap, neck strap, battery pack, battery charger, AC cable, user manual kit
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 340 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery NB-10L
- Built In Flash
- 50 cm – 5.5 m (W) / 1.8 m – 3.0 m (T)
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- USB, HDMI out
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H9.3 x W12.8 x D11.4cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Vari-angle 7.5 cm (3.0”) PureColor II VA (TFT), Approx. 922,000 dots
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 3.8 – 247.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 21 – 1365 mm)
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Canon Zoom IS
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- PowerShot SX60
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion NB-10L battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Approx. 2 or 10 sec., Custom
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- Back-illuminated CMOS
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1 – 1/2000 sec. (factory default). 15 – 1/2000 sec. (total range – varies by shooting mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p Full HD video
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- EVF (0.17 type), 4:3 aspect ratio, approx. 922,000 dots
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.