We’re working with Home-Start and FareShare to help over 100,000 families in need this Christmas. The charities will use your donations to provide food and support for those who need it most. Every donation counts – thank you for your support.
Terms & Conditions
“We” / “Us” means John Lewis plc, registered office 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England. Company registration number 233462. VAT number GB232457280.
1. 100% of your donation will go to FareShare (reg charity no. 1100051) and Home-Start UK (reg charity no. 1108837; Scotland reg charity no. SC039172) (“the Charities”) and will be divided equally between them (minus a 5% platform charge).
For each text message sent, you will be charged £3 plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). How donation charges are shown on your bill is subject to your network's process.
2. If you would like to contribute a different amount, you can donate online at givealittlelove.donr.com
3. Donations made by credit/debit card are subject to a 1.4% + 20p processing fee payable by the Charities. Donations made only using Paypal are subject to a 2.9% + 30p processing fee payable by the Charities.
4. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
5. All money donated via text message and online will be matched by us up to the sum of £2million.
Who can donate?
6. You must be aged 18 or over to send a text donation.
7. Please note that you can donate using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile.
8. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
9. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
10. There is no limit on the number of times you may donate via text but there is a daily limit of £30 on text donations from the same mobile number.
Incorrect keywords and short codes
11. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, your donation to FareShare and Home-Start UK may not be successful, and you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
12. If you send your text message to an incorrect short code, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not donate to FareShare and Home-Start UK, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
13. If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means FareShare and Home-Start UK can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate.
14. Neither John Lewis & Partners nor Waitrose & Partners accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
15. This SMS service may not be supported by all Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO). If a specific MVNO does not support the service, then following an attempt to donate via text message, no donation will be made, nor error message received,but you may still be charged your standard network message charge. This SMS service is being provided by Donr Ltd, company registration number 10402410, whose registered address and main trading address is The Stables, Back St Georges Terrace, Newcastle, NE2 2SU.
16. Donations may be made from 13 November 2020 to midday 4 January 2021. Any donations made after the end date may not be successful, and you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
18. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.