Tried & Tested
The £195 Beauty Advent Calendar worth a cracking £921
Charlotte Tilbury! Neom! Elemis! Clinique! It’s John Lewis’s most valuable and giddy-inducing Christmas calendar yet, but what makes this one so special?
What is it?
The much-loved John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar includes 25 drawers, brimming with the best makeup, skincare, fragrance and haircare hits from the world’s leading beauty experts. It will be dishing up a daily dose of festive-fuelled magic this December (if you can wait that long, of course). Plus, behind door 25, 10 lucky customers will also have the chance to win some spectacular prizes (more on that below).
And – if you can bear to part with it – a beauty advent calendar makes a great Christmas gift idea for teenagers too (or anyone who’s been burdened with a December birthday), plus the most thoughtful present for anyone who’s crackers for Crimbo, bonkers about beauty or just loves the finer things in life, for less.
Sounds like you, right? Treat yourself and blame the advent calendar in-door-phins.
The advent calendar isn’t available to buy until 4 October but if you can’t wait to get your hands on it, sign up here to ensure you’re added to the waiting list.
First up, the Beauty Advent Calendar FAQs
This year’s long-awaited line-up is John Lewis’s highest-value yet, boasting an impressive 31 beauty must-haves from the likes of Neom, Susanne Kaufmann, Elemis, Charlotte Tilbury and many more, including 16 full-size products and the chance to win big on Christmas Day. Ten calendars will include a £500 John Lewis gift card, plus one of four money-can’t-buy experiences, too. You. Are. Welcome.
What’s in the John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar 2023?
- Carolina Herrera Mini Tint Lip Balm and Case (full size)
- L’Occitane Almond Delicious Hands Hand & Nail Care, 75ml (full size)
- Neom Organics London Bedtime Hero Scented Candle, 185g (full size)
- Neom Organics London Bedtime Hero Pillow Mist, 30ml (full size)
- Spectrum Collections Angled Cheek Brush
- Votary Super Seed Serum – Broccoli Seed & Peptides, 50ml (full size)
- Frédéric Malle Portrait of a Lady Eau de Parfum Refill, 10ml (full size)
- Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette, Walk of No Shame (full size)
- OTO 10% CBD Sleep Drops, 15ml (full size)
- OTO Power Drops 7.5% CBD, 15ml (full size)
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Rose Marine Cream, 15ml
- Rodial Banana Low Lighter Concealer, 1.6ml
- Acqua di Parma Colonia Eau de Cologne Spray, 12ml
- Acqua di Parma Colonia Bath & Shower Gel, 40ml
- Lumene Lähde Nordic Hydra Oat Milk Oil Cleanser, 50ml
- Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Bath & Shower Oil, 55ml (full size)
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA, 30ml (full size)
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Glycolic Acid Treatment, 15ml
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, Translucent 9.3g
- Murad Targeted Wrinkle Corrector, 15ml (full size)
- Ren Clean Skincare Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel, 50ml
- Clarins Eau Extraordinaire, 50ml
- Clinique High Impact Mascara, Black (full size)
- Nars Blush, Behave, 1.2g
- Susanne Kaufmann Glow Mask, 50ml (full size)
- Dermalogica Awaken Peptide Eye Gel, 15ml (full size)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick, Golden Bronze (full size)
- Living Proof Triple Bond Complex, 15ml
- Philip Kingsley Body Building Weightless Shampoo, 75ml
- Philip Kingsley Body Building Weightless Conditioner, 75ml
- Sisley Hair Rituel Precious Hair Care Oil Glossiness & Nutrition, 10ml
What is the price – and total value – of the John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar 2023?
This year’s calendar is priced at £195, but has a total value of £921!
What is the release date of the John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar 2023?
The John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar is available to buy from 4 October and is set to sell out fast.
What makes this John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar so special?
The outside: This one-of-a-kind cal’s contents are housed in a fully recyclable box with reversible drawers, so you can reuse and refill next year (perfect for anyone who’s keen to shop more sustainably). The design is captivating too, delivering a jolly palette of pink and blue, while the drawers feel sturdy enough to last until next Christmas, and the Christmas after that and, well, you get the idea...
The inside: If beauty unboxing brings you unbridled amounts of joy, you’ll be delirious over the products. In a nutshell, there’s a game-changing, day-making, habit-forming heroic new beauty treat to discover behind each and every drawer.
Value for money: Luxury beauty, brand-rich, made to last and packed with products worth £921? The John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar is worth every penny.
Is it worth it?
Charlotte Tilbury, Votary, Rodial, Elemis, Clinique and a boatload more stalwarts for £195? Yes. Most definitely, yes!
More than that, John Lewis has really considered the brands included, which combine to make a perfect Christmas cocktail of iconic products to savour, insider names to swoon over and cult buys to slather yourself in for a truly decadent December. Add in the fact that it’s recyclable, and this calendar has all the feel-goods perfectly wrapped up.