Where can I use a John Lewis Partnership Gift card?
You can redeem the gift card or e-gift card as part or full payment for goods purchased through:
- johnlewis.com or waitrose.com
- John Lewis or Waitrose shops, including to purchase food and drink in John Lewis and Waitrose catering units (excludes third-party outlets in John Lewis shops)
- telephone orders made via our Customer Service centre on 03456 049 049
If the total order value is less than the value of the gift card, any balance will remain on the card and can be applied to future purchases, provided that the card has not expired.
If you wish to use your remaining gift card balance at a later date, keep hold of your gift card or e-gift card email.
How do I use my gift card or e-gift card online?
Shop as usual on the website and then proceed to checkout. During checkout you’ll be asked to enter 2 codes for each gift card or e-gift card you wish to use. These are:
- the 19-digit number found on the back of the card, or included in your e-gift card email
- the scratch-off PIN found on the back of the gift card or included in your e-gift card email
For multiple gift cards, enter one set of codes at a time.
After entering the gift card codes, your order balance will be automatically updated with credit to the value of the gift card(s). If there’s any balance to pay, you can use a debit or credit card in the usual way.
How do I use my e-gift card in shops?
You can spend your e-gift card in any John Lewis or Waitrose shop. Simply present the downloaded e-gift card on your phone in John Lewis or print your e-gift card at home and present in Waitrose and John Lewis shops. Waitrose shops can currently only accept a printed copy of the e-gift card.
Can I use my gift card or e-gift card over the telephone?
They can be redeemed for orders placed via our Customer Service centre on 03456 049 049. We will simply ask you at time of purchase for the gift card number and the PIN. For gift cards, the PIN is on the back of the gift card and is visible after removing the silver scratch panel.