Made by skilled Partners at our Lancashire textile factory, these face coverings are intended for use whilst in enclosed public places such as using public transport or visiting shops. Suitable for adults and children aged 14+.
The John Lewis Partnership will give all of the profit plus VAT from the sale of this product to NHS Charities Together - supporting NHS staff and volunteers caring for Covid-19 patients. Registered Charity No. 1186569.
How to use your face covering
1. Place the covering on your face and loop the elastic bands over your ears.
2. Make sure it covers the top of your nose, and under your chin. Press down on the nose strip to adjust to a snug fit. You should be able to breathe and talk, without the sides of the covering billowing.
3. After use, or once damp, remove the covering, and put in a protective pouch if you cannot wash it straight away. This prevents the spread of viruses onto other items.
4. Wash the covering after use, by hand or machine wash with soap or detergent. Make sure your soap foams properly.
How to care for your face coverings
- After use or once damp, remove, wash immediately and air dry
- Store in a protective pouch if washing immediately is not available
- Hand wash with soap/detergent or machine wash up to 60°C
- Do not share your face coverings with others
- To reduce risk of cross-contamination avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth at all times
- Wash or sanitise hands thoroughly before putting on/taking off and after removal of face covering
- Clean any surfaces touched by used face covering
- Used face covering should be washed and completely dry before reuse
Good to Know
This is an Adult facial covering and DOES NOT protect you from any virus or airborne disease. This facial covering is designed to reduce the transmission of vapour droplets, it is NOT a PPE or Medical mask. Face coverings are not a replacement for social distancing and regular hand washing.
If the face-covering becomes worn or damaged, stop using it immediately. Do not use when participating in vigorous physical activities.
Do not use this face-covering on young children under age 3; any person who has trouble breathing; and any person who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.