This Essentials Cast Iron Soup Pot is a great way to start your Le Creuset collection. The wide base allows maximum contact between the food and the heat, making it endlessly versatile and ideal for anything from quick and easy 30-minute meals to slow-cooked aromatic stews and soups, small casseroles, couscous or sauces, stir-frying, baking or roasting vegetables.
- Versatile use in the oven, on the hob, under the grill or even on a barbecue
- Lightest cast iron on the market
- Exceptional heat retention saves energy
- Tight-fitting domed lid helps retain moisture
- Easy-grip side handles and ergonomic lid knob
- Resists chipping, cracking and colour fading
- Handcrafted, unique piece
- Lifetime guarantee included
- Choice of vibrant and classic colours available
Perfect for one-pot recipes for busy lives, as well as small casseroles cooked over time, this pot makes fragrant rice and pilaf dishes, stuffed vegetables, soups, golden-roasted potatoes and even bakes bread. The tight-fitting lid keeps the oven clean and is perfect when proving dough to create loaves of focaccia and other favourites. The easy-release interior suits baking tarts, crumbles and pies. Use on the hob, including induction, in the oven, on an Aga, under the grill, on a barbecue or even on an open fire.
Retains heat and moisture
Made from robust cast iron, this casserole’s weight is its strength. A solid performer, it distributes heat evenly and retains heat to save energy; it best operates on a low to medium setting. Transfer from oven to table and it will keep dishes warm for longer. The domed lid increases space and returns moisture to the pot to prevent dishes drying out. You need only a little oil for cooking thanks to the sand enamel interior that prevents sticking and burning. Adding a touch of water makes it ideal for steaming too.
Easy to carry and clean
The lightest cast iron on the market, this pot features large handles that are easy to grip with oven gloves. Stabilisers under the lid give a secure, no-slide fit while the lid's heat-resistant knob is ergonomically shaped for the hand. Almost like non-stick, the toughened enamel interior is easy to wipe clean. It’s also hygienic and won’t absorb odours and flavours.
Built to last
Designed for longevity, this quality kitchen favourite makes a wonderful wedding gift, to be enjoyed for many memorable meals to come. Handcrafted by skilled artisans at the original Le Creuset foundry in France since 1925, each piece is made from its own sand mould, making it entirely unique. It resists chipping and cracking and retains its colour over time. All Le Creuset cast iron comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Le Creuset Cast Iron Care
- Remove all packaging and labels. Wash the pan in hot, soapy water, then rinse and dry thoroughly
- Medium or low heat will provide the best results for cooking, including frying and searing
- The enamel surface is not ideal for dry cooking
- Always cool a hot pan for a few minutes before washing. Thermal shock may occur, resulting in cracking or loss of enamel
- Handwash recommended