LEGO Minecraft 21243 The Frozen Peaks
Product code: 73230137
- Ideal for children aged 8 upwards and all Minecraft fans
- Fully assembled, the peaks measure over 15cm high, 19cm wide and 14cm deep
- Includes 304 bricks and includes iconic characters Steve, a Creeper, a stray and a goat
- This LEGO Minecraft set doesn’t require batteries since it is powered solely by kids’ imaginations! The hands-on fun boosts kids’ dexterity, creativity and problem-solving skills, whether playing solo or with friends
Deep in the Frozen Peaks biome, buried beneath the ice, lies coal, iron and emerald ore. Before you begin mining, build a shelter and gather food. But look out! A Creeper and a stray are trying to wreck your mission. When they attack, will you escape through the perilous dripstone cave, use TNT to blow up the mountain so you can reach your shelter, or get a goat to ram them off the cliff edge?
- Model name / number
- Number of pieces
- LEGO Minecraft
- Suitable From
- 8 years
- Toy Character
- Toys Type
- Building Blocks
- Warning! Choking hazard - small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years old
The company that was destined to become LEGO started life as being a small workshop that produced wooden toys, run by Ole Kirk Christiansen in 1932. The name ‘LEGO’ was adopted in 1934, coming from the Danish phrase ‘leg godt’, which means ‘play well’. It wasn’t until 1947 that they started producing plastic toys, with the first version of the now infamous interlocking bricks coming in 1949.
They weren’t quite the bricks that people are used to nowadays, being made from a different material and having a slightly different locking system. It was actually Christiansen’s son Godtfred Kirk that saw the potential for the bricks to become a tool for creative play and in 1958, the modern brick design was born. From this date, despite variation in the design and purpose of individual pieces over the years, each remains compatible in some way with previous pieces. So you could have a LEGO set from 1958 and it would still be completely compatible with a modern set.
Since the 1960, thousands of sets have been released covering everything from Aliens to the Wild West. The only area that the company has never tackled directly is military-themed sets, because Ole Kirk set a policy that they must never make war seem like child’s play. The largest ever LEGO set to date is a scale-model of the Taj Mahal, which was made out of 5922 pieces.
The LEGO Group's motto is ‘det bedste er ikke for godt’, which roughly translates to "only the best is the best". Ole Kirk Christiansen came up with this phrase to encourage workers to always produce the highest quality toys possible.
Nowadays, LEGO makes a vast range of toys for all ages, as well as teaching materials for children, which are distributed in over 130 countries. The company has approximately 10,000 employees and is the world's third largest manufacturer of play materials.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Collect your delivery from over 5000 local convenience shops. Your next available collection day will show at checkout.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Order before 10am to get same day evening delivery to addresses within London M25, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. Available 7 days a week, delivery between 7 – 10pm on a day of your choice. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day. Delivered by 100% electric vehicles.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2023 and 24 December 2023 can be returned up until 23 January 2024, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.