Lenovo IdeaPad 520S Laptop, Intel Core i7, 8GB, 256GB SSD, 14” Full HD, Mineral Grey
The stylish Lenovo IdeaPad 520S is ready to take care of all your work and play requirements. With its Dual-Core Intel i7-7500U processor and Solid State Drive (SSD), you’ll have super speed, no matter if you’re emailing, surfing the net, watching your favourite programme or working on your next project. It also has a handy 4-in-1 card reader for all your data transfer needs.
The Lenovo IdeaPad 520S comes equipped with an Intel 7th-generation, Dual-Core i7 processor and 8GB of RAM and as such, will fly through your computing requirements. With enough onboard power to take on more demanding errands, you’ll experience flawless multi-tasking without interruption. The processor handily features a 'Turbo Boost' that will unleash more power when necessary.
Solid State Drive
The Lenovo IdeaPad 520S’s 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD) gives you the capacity to store your documents and media, while ensuring quicker and reliable access to your files and programs. SSDs are far faster than regular hard drives. Ingeniously, SSDs don't use moving parts to work, which makes them far more dependable and also quieter.
With the IdeaPad 520S’s 14" Full HD Antiglare screen, you can enjoy your pictures, videos and films in superb, high definition and then immerse yourself in deep, rich sound thanks to the two Dolby enabled Harman speakers.
Packed with ports
Featuring one USB Type-C, one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 ports, you can be sure there is space for all your external devices to be attached. The 4 in 1 memory card reader will helpfully give you the chance to directly upload your images from a digital camera to the computer. If that’s not enough, the IdeaPad 520S also has a HDMI port, so you’re all set for any larger multimedia experiences.
- Lenovo App Explorer
- Lenovo Companion 3.0
- Lenovo ID
- Lenovo Settings
- McAfee LiveSafe™ (30-day trial)
- Microsoft Office 365 (30-day trial)
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new laptop with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- 3D Ready
- Accessories Included
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- 2 x 2W Harman Speakers with Dolby Audio
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 7 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- HD 720P with array microphone
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H1.9 x W32.7 x D23.6cm
- Full HD In-Plane Switching AG(SLIM)
- 7th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 620
- Graphics Card Series
- Intel HD
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Accutype Keyboard
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- 4-in-1 Card Reader
- Model name / number
- IdeaPad 520S-14IKB
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 10 Home
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 10
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, USM-C, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-Core Intel I7-7500U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.7GHz to 3.5GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i7
- IdeaPad 520S
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 12.1" to 14"
- Touch Screen
- TV tuner card Information Device that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services
- USB ports Information Universal Serial Bus- socket for transferring data between electronic devices
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11ac
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy