Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3G ED VR Wide Angle & Telephoto Lens
The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is an extremely versatile all-in-one lens which offers both wide-angle and super-telephoto capabilities. Equipped with specialized Vibration Reduction technology, the lens has been fully optimized for capturing high-resolution stills and Full HD videos with your Nikon DX-format Digital SLR.
Massive Zoom Range With its large zoom range, you'll be able to capture just about anything - stills or frames, landscapes, portraits or wildlife. The range goes from wide-angle (27mm equivalent in 35mm) all the way to super-telephoto (450mm equivalent in 35mm) so you can capture life as it unfolds around you.
Smart Single IF Lens The single IF lens only shifts the internal lens group during focusing. This means that the lens does not change in size during AF operation, allowing for closer focusing distance. Also included in the AF lens technology is a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) which uses ultrasonic vibrations, rather than a gear system, to focus the lens and provide an smooth, silent autofocus operation.
Vibration Reduction Technology To help keep photos sharp and videos steady, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR features Nikon's Vibration Reduction technology. This provides 4.0 stops of blur-free handheld shooting so you can capture crisp and clear photos and steady videos. This camera tech is also a big advancement in low-light solutions which can slow down your shutter speed, without compromising on the overall sharpness.
AS & ED Glass Elements Enhancing its superb optical performance are three Aspherical (AS) and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements which makes for maximum contrast and minimal lens flare. And a rounded 7-blade diaphragm creates beautiful, natural background blur - it's a fantastic all-rounder.
- Massive 16.7x zoom range
- Capture high-resolution stills and Full HD videos
- Vibration Reduction technology keeps photos sharp and videos steady
- Ideal for any imagery capture
Accessories included:LC-67 Snap-on Front Lens Cap 67mm and LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- Min: 5°20', Max: 76°
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Care instructions
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- H9.9 x W7.9 x D7.9cm
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 27mm (wide angle) to 450mm (super-telephoto)
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 18 - 300 mm
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Nikon F
- Magnification Information The extent in which the lens can amplify the size of a subject
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/ 3.5
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- 0.32 x
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/ 22
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- Model name / number
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3G ED VR Wide Angle & Telephoto Lens, Black JAA821DA
- Sensor Format
- Tripod Collar Information Sometimes called a lens collar, this accessory lets the lens be mounted on a tripod
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Daily next/named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.