Product code: 83400301
- The breakthrough E Ink® display is just like reading on paper, even in bright sunlight.
- The longest battery life on any eReader means you can read for over two months from just one charge.
- The 6-inch intuitive touch screen is easy-to-use. Tap to turn a page or make the text bigger, look up words and even organise your library.
- The NOOK is 25% faster than any other eReader so you have faster page turns and fast browsing.
- The world’s largest book store with over 2.5million titles. Sample books for free before you buy them. You can also receive popular magazines and newspapers and the Nook Daily Find™ offers a great book at a great price.
- NOOK is ultra-light and ultra-portable, weighing only 212g it’s easy to take with you anywhere you go.
- Built in Wi-Fi lets you connect to thousands of hotspots. The free NOOK Reading App also syncs the last page you’ve read across your smartphone or computer so you can read what you love, anywhere you like.
- Share your books with friends with LendMe®.
- 2GB internal memory holds up to 1,000 books. Expand the memory with microSD card slot up to 32GB.
Please note: The NOOK Simple Touch comes with 2GB of storage. Approximately half of this is dedicated to the operating system, and up to 750MB specifically for content from Barnes & Noble's eBook store, leaving up to 250mb for content from other sources.
- Accessories Included
- microUSB cable, Quick Start Guide
- Battery life
An estimate of how long the battery lasts before needing recharging, based on standard tasks and usage
- 2 months
- Built-in light
- 2 GB internal (approximately 1GB available for user content- 750MB reserved for content from Barnes & Noble & 250MB for content from other sources). Expandable by up to 32GB with microSD
- H165.4 x W126.6 x D12.0mm
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI)
Pixels Per Inch (PPI)
The number of pixels per square inch of screen. A higher picture resolution makes for greater clarity, depth and detail in the image. Higher resolutions screens also make it harder to distinguish individual pixels from a close distance
Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display. There may be different types of ports, eg. some USB ports can charge a plugged in device while the unit is in sleep mode
- Micro USB
- Screen Resolution
Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 600 x 800 pixels
- Screen size
The size of the device's screen, usually measured diagonally in inches
- Touch Screen
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Leonard Riggio, the company's chairman, began his bookselling career while attending New York University in the early 1960s. Working as a clerk in the university bookstore, he became convinced that he could do a better job serving students, and he opened a competing store of his own. The store quickly became one of New York’s finest bookstores, known for its knowledgeable staff, wide selection and great service.
Barnes & Noble are now the world’s largest bookseller and retailer of content and digital media. They now have the worlds largest online book store with over 2.5 million titles and John Lewis are their premium UK launch retailer for the NOOK eReader. More from NOOK