Most clothing items including shirts, t-shirts, jumpers, trousers, shorts, dresses & some childrenswear. For a full list of what we can & can’t accept, please see the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page
Over 300,000 tonnes of textiles end up in landfill each year. We’ve committed to help lower this number as part of our Partnership Plan and by introducing FashionCycle we can get more unwanted clothing out of landfill and reused or recycled instead. In our Partnership Plan we committed to all our product categories having a 'buyback' or 'takeback' solution. We therefore want to ensure that we're providing our customers with solutions to deal with their pre-loved items.
We will be working with Satcol, the largest charity owned textiles sorting provider in the UK. At the sorting centre they will separate the textiles into 3 graded types:
A For onward selling in charity shops B For selling to secondary markets C If the textile is end of life or not rewearable then it will go through the textiles sorting machine where it separates out the different types of textiles. These separated textiles can then be sold for onwards repurposing into all kinds of products including pet bedding or carpet underlay. This market leading machine limits the amount of textiles that end up in landfill.
Terms & Conditions
- The FashionCycle reward entitles My John Lewis members to £5 off (the “Offer”) from their next clothing or home purchase when they recycle a minimum of five clothing products from any brand (the “Exchange Products”). Excludes Tech products.
- My John Lewis members must spend a minimum of £20 (following the application of any applicable discount or offer) on clothing or home products to qualify for the Offer.
- The Offer has to be redeemed at the point of receipt of the Exchange Products.
- The Offer is redeemable once per visit, per day at any John Lewis & Partners shop but the Offer is not redeemable on purchases made online or over the phone.
- The Offer is only redeemable at menswear, womenswear & childrenswear tills excluding John Lewis at home stores where it will be available at home tills.
- Only one Offer can be used for each transaction of £20 or more.
- Customers must present their My John Lewis card to be scanned.
- No cash alternative available.
- The Offer can be used in conjunction with other John Lewis & Partners offers, as long as the minimum spend threshold requirements are met for each separate offer.
- Refunds will take into account the value of the Offer and the amount refunded will not include the value of the Offer.
- Used Exchange Products must be empty, clean and not torn.
- We can accept the following items: Shirts, t-shirts, jumpers, cardigans, jackets, coats, shorts, trousers, jeans, childrenswear, dresses, jumpsuits, and skirts.These must be clean.
- We cannot accept the following items: Underwear, lingerie, socks, tights, accessories, footwear, hand bags, swimwear, baby vests, baby grows, towels, bedding and nightwear.
- John Lewis & Partners have the right to amend or retract this offer at any time.
- Offer valid until 20th July 2023.