Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H400 Bridge Camera, HD 720p, 20.1MP, 63x Optical Zoom, 3” LCD Screen
Shoot like a pro: this feature-packed, easy-to-use camera fits comfortably in your hand with DSLR-like body styling. From landscapes to dramatic, frame-filling close-ups of wildlife on safari, you won’t miss a thing with the powerful 63x optical zoom lens.
Effortlessly handle lengthy shooting assignments with a compact DSLR-style camera body that fits comfortably in your hand. Every control’s carefully placed and easy to reach, like you'd expect from a DSLR camera.
There’s no need to fiddle with changing lenses while you’re in the wild or on the beach: every photo opportunity’s covered with the powerful 63x optical zoom lens. Grab expansive, wide-angle landscapes – or zoom in for super-telephoto close-ups of animals and birds.
Optical SteadyShot cuts down on camera shake for clearer, sharper stills - even at extreme zoom settings.
Wondering which settings are best? Let your Intelligent Auto do all the work. From close-ups to twilight portraits, your camera adjusts everything automatically so you easily get the results you want, no fuss. It even detects if your subject's moving, cutting motion blur in any scene.
It's easy to grab breathtaking views of landscapes or city scenes with Panorama Mode. Just press the button and sweep the camera from side to side (or up and down). Your camera automatically stitches together a high-speed burst of frames to create one full panoramic image.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1;AC AdaptorAC-UB10C;Multi USB cable;Shoulder Strap;Lens Cap;Instruction Manual
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 300 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable battery: NP-BX1
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- Multi (AV/USB), Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- Approx. 0.71 fps (100 shots)
- H9.5 x W12.96 x D12.23cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG, MP4
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/3.4 - 6.5
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Sony lens
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- X-type Lithium-ion battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 1/2.3 type (7.76mm)
- Sensor Type
- Super HAD CCD
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- iAuto (2 - 1/2000) / Program Auto (1 - 1/2000) / Manual (30 - 1/2000)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 720p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 628g (Body Only), 655g (with Battery and Media)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Friday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.