Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX90 Camera, HD 1080p, 18.2 MP, 30x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC, OLED EVF, 3" Tilting Screen
We like it because...
with 30x optical zoom, you can shoot in great detail – even from afar. And with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC you can share your best shots this summer, instantly
The Sony HX90 can shoot and share impressive sceneries, even from afar. With its 30x optical zoom, 18.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor and a Full HD 1080p video resolution, you’ll be able to capture incredible details of all that surrounds you.
Detailed results with location tagging
Thanks to its Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* zoom lens with five-axis image stabilization system, the X90 produces high contrast and sharp images. It is this lens which is capable of a 30x optical zoom, and 60x with Sony’s Clear Image Zoom technology so you’ll be able to capture faraway subjects in an incredible detail.
Wi-Fi & NFC
There’s only one thing better than taking a great photo, and that’s sharing it. With Wi-Fi and NFC built-in you can share your best shots in a second. And with the Smartphone remote app you’ll always be in control thanks to remote shooting.
Tilting LCD display & OLED viewfinder
The 3-inch LCD display can be tilted by up to 180 degrees which is ideal for selfie shots. This versatile camera even has a pop-up OLED viewfinder which features real-time data for planning and previewing shots.
Full HD video
Capture movies in Full HD 1080p for a high quality video which can be played back on your high-definition TV. Recording frames in XAVC S and MP4, the format is ideal for sharing because it is extra-smooth and compressed.
A borrowed function from Sony’s premium point-and-shoot range is teh control ring. This can be freely assigned to functions such as manual focusing or step zoom which will provide you with total shooting control.
The pocket-sized Cyber-shot HX90 can easily fit into your day-to-day hand luggage so it is also ready when you are to take the shot.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases.
Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC AdaptorAC-UB10C/UB10D, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Instruction Manual, AC Power Code
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 390 shots
- Battery Size & Number
- Lithium-Ion NP-BX1
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- Wi-Fi with NFC, Micro HDMI, Hi-Speed USB (2.0)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H5.81cm x W10.2cm x D3.55cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" LCD display
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- iAuto(F3.5-F6.3(W)) / Program Auto(F3.5-F6.3(W) ) / Manual(F3.5-F8.0(W)) / Aperture Priority(F3.5-F8.0(W)) / Sutter Priority(F3.5-F6.3(W))
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 11 elements in 10 groups (5aspheric element)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD / SDHC /SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion NP-BX1 battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 6.17 x 4.56 mm
- Sensor Type
- Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Intelligent Auto, Superior Auto, Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR(Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode(Program Auto,Aperture Priority,Shutter Speed Priority,Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (1" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000) / Manual (30" - 1/2000)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- OLED viewfinder
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Friday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.