Product code: 68214138
This porcelain cafetiere is a stylish piece for the breakfast table and for displaying on your kitchen countertop.
- Before using for the first time, remove packaging and wash all parts in warm water with a little washing up liquid. Rinse and wipe dry.
- Using medium or fine ground coffee may result in coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup or clogging of the mesh filter.
Instructions for use:
- Hold the lid of your cafetière firmly and pull the knob of the plunger vertically upwards to remove from the porcelain beaker.
- Add ground coffee (according to taste) into the beaker and fill the beaker with the quantity of hot water (not boiling) needed to make the required number of cups. Do not overfill, always leave a minimum gap of 5 cm (2 ins.) at the top of the beaker.
- Stir with spoon and allow the coffee to brew for a few minutes before using the plunger.
- Hold the lid of cafetière firmly and press lightly and vertically downwards on the plunger knob until the mesh filter rests on top of the coffee layer at the base of the beaker.
- Lowering the plunger slowly with minimal pressure produces best results and helps prevent water being ejected from the spout and coffee grounds being forced past the filter.
- If the mesh filter clogs, or the plunger is difficult to depress, stop pressing and remove the plunger from the porcelain beaker. Remove the excess coffee from the filter assembly and rinse clean.
- Stir the coffee, refit the plunger and the lid into the beaker and slowly plunge again.
This piece is from the award-winning collection, designed by Sophie Conran to withstand the demands of contemporary living. Each unique, tactile tableware piece is multifunctional, dishwasher safe, microwave safe, oven proof and freezer proof, making the range perfect for everyday use as well as for special occasions.
Choose the perfect china
All our china is made from clay and kiln-fired for durability. Except for pieces with special trims, everything is dishwasher safe. Below are a few options to consider when choosing your perfect china.
|Earthenware||Strong and practical, perfect for everyday. Its cream colour and low firing temperatures allow for designed pieces.|
|Stoneware||Tougher than earthenware and chip resistant. Ideal for heavy use and can often go into the oven to temperatures of up to 250°C.|
|Terracotta||Uses a clay with a rich body colour giving the characteristic base colour, and has a low glaze firing allowing bright coloured glazes. Porous body allows for good thermal expansion and contraction properties making it an ideal body for cookware such as tagines and roasters.|
|Porcelain||Delicate yet strong. Carefully selected clays give whiteness and translucency. It can often go from oven to table.|
|Fine china||The synthetic bone ash used in fine china makes it a more affordable alternative to bone china whilst maintaining the benefits - strength, translucency and delicacy.|
|Bone china||Bone china is made from 40% bone ash. This makes strong yet thin and delicate pieces which are microwave, dishwasher* and oven safe making each piece ideal for everyday use, not just formal.|
*Unless product has metallic details - always check individual item for specific care instructions
- Sophie Conran for Portmeirion
- Care instructions
- Hand wash only
- Number of cups
- 3 Cups
Sophie Conran and Portmeirion have together created a beautiful collection of cookware, tableware and home accessories, all designed for modern-day living. This unique porcelain range marries a love of style, with the versatility needed for family living. With a nod to Japanese serenity and English eccentricity, this collection has become a modern classic.More from Sophie Conran for Portmeirion