Alessi 'Virgula Divina' Bottle Opener
Product code: 73022010
The slightly curved Y shape of this contemporary bottle opener by Alessi, makes the grip comfortable and ergonomic, making for maximum functionality. The slight tilted angle allows you to open the bottle with a simple flick of the wrist and the compact size means you can carry the object with you wherever you go. Making it suitable for both domestic and professional use.
"Virgula Divina" is the Latin term used to identify the Y-shaped dowsing rod, an indispensable tool for the dowser in his search for water or other hidden treasures. The art of dowsing or divination is the inspiration for the bottle opener designed by Frédéric Gooris, to which he refers both in the name and in the enigmatic shape of his concept. Made of polished precision-cast steel, for a pleasant grip and fitted with a hook-shaped spout to catch the bottle top and remove it with ease.
- Care instructions
- Wash in warm soapy water
- Country of Origin
- H10.6 x W5.6 x D1.4cm
- Dishwasher Safe
- 18/10 Stainless Steel
Alessi draws inspiration from Italian industrial culture to create unique, contemporary products. Collaborating with over 500 designers around the globe, Alessi believes that “a true work of design must be able to move people, to convey feelings, to trigger memories…”
Born in Granerolo, Verbania, in 1916, Carlo Alessi studied technical design at the OMAR institute in Novara. At an early age, he worked in the metal workshop set up by his father, Giovanni, in 1921. In the fifties, he became managing director of the company, introducing a new international dimension, which he developed by working with external designers. He remained president of Alessi until 2009, when he passed away.
Alessi is now a B Corp, a company which strives to maximise the positive impact they have on their employees, the communities in which they operate and the environment, by using the business as a force for regeneration and sustainability.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.