Britax Römer ADVANSAFIX M i-SIZE Car Seat, Cosmos Black
Product code: 31552507
- Suitable for children 76-150cm (approximately 15 months to 12 years old).
- R129-compliant (i-Size ready)
- Isofix compatible
Protecting your child from their toddler years all the way to when they no longer need a child car seat, the Advansafix M from Britax Römer provides safe travel in one combination seat that is approved to R129 regulations.
Made to adapt and grow with your child, you can switch from the integrated 5-point harness, supporting weight of up to 21kg, to the 3-point seat belt as your child grows with just a few simple steps thanks to the FLIP&GROW function. There's nothing to remove from the seat, so nothing can get lost, and it can be converted back at any time. The soft padding and EasyRecline with three adjustable recline positions, for toddler and child, ensures that they will be comfortable on every journey.
- The Britax Römer Pivot Link ISOFIX System directs the force first downward (1), into the vehicle seat, and then forward (2), more gently – greatly reducing the risk of head and neck injury for your child.
- SecureGuard helps to protect your child's delicate abdominal area by adding an extra contact point to the 3-point seat belt. By keeping the lap belt in an optimal position over your child's pelvic bones SecureGuard helps reduce abdominal forces in the event of a frontal collision by up to 35 %, and at the same time allows your child freedom of movement during the journey.
- EasyRecline is suitable for all ages
- Highback boosters protect your child in 3 ways: the seat shell provides head to hip protection for your child, especially in the event of a side impact; the upper and lower belt guides provide correct positioning of the seat belt; and the padded headrest provides safety and comfort for your child's head and neck.
- V-shaped headrest ensures optimal protection in the event of a side collision while providing ultimate comfort at the same time. Plus, the headrest and harness can easily be adjusted from the front of the seat to suit your child's height.
- Machine washable seat cover that can easily be taken off without removing the harness, so you can clean up quick and get on your way.
- Under no circumstances should a rearward-facing car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an active airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance in making them the most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend to fit the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn't be left in car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering. This can be done in store with a Partner or on the car seat manufacturer's website.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- We also offer in-store and virtual appointments so you can access our All Things Baby services at a time and place to suit you. Click here to book your appointment.
- Find your nearest department store.
Car seats adhere to strict safety regulations and conform to one of the following two types of seats:
- Height-based seats - These seats adhere to the safety regulation R129. They must be rear-facing until your child is over 15 months old. Your child can use a forward-facing child car seat when they’re over 15 months old. You must check the seat to make sure it’s suitable for the height of your child. i-Size is an enhancement of R129 that makes it easier to confirm your car seat's compatibility with any i-Size approved vehicle - reducing the risk of installing your car seat incorrectly. While all i-Size car seats meet the R129 testing standards, not every R129 car seat is an i-Size compatible seat.
- Weight-based seats - These seats adhere to the R44.04 car seat regulation. The seat your child can use (and the way they must be restrained in it) depends on their weight.
The below table is a rough guide as to how the car seats can relate to a child’s age based on the average child's weight or height depending on the regulation chosen.
Car Seat Age Guide:
Group Child's weight* Approx. age of child Child's height† 0+ Birth up to 13kg/29lb Birth up to 12-15 months 40 - 85cm 0+ & 1 Birth up to 18kg/40lb Birth to up to about 4 years 40 - 105cm 0+, 1, 2 & 3 Birth-36kg/79lb Birth to 12 years 40 - 150cm 1 9-18kg/20-40lb About 9 months to 4 years 85 - 105cm 1, 2 & 3 9-36kg/20-79lb About 9 months to 12 years 85 - 150cm 2 & 3 15-36kg/33-79lb About 4-12 years 105 - 150cm
*Applies to R44.04 seats. † Applies to R129 (i-Size) seats.
Note: This is a rough guide only - please always refer to the individual car seat’s guidance for more specific details. Some car seats will be approved in two or more groups or across various height bands. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.
- Baby & Toddler Safety Type
- Travel Safety
- Booster Seat Type
- High Back
- Car Seat Direction
- Forward Facing
- Care instructions
- Covers: machine washable Seat: wipe clean
- Country of Origin
- H83 x W44 x D47cm
- 2 years
- Height Band
- Isofix compatible
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 2 years
- R129 Regulation
- R129 compliant
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- 15 months
- Unpackaged Weight Car Seat Only
Britax and Römer have been part of a family since 1978 and BOB since 2011. Now they are making those ties even stronger. As one brand they can go even further in helping parents’ live family life to the full. With innovation in their DNA, they have an unchanging commitment to always going the extra mile.
Britax believes in family life without limits. They aim to drive safety standards to ensure children are protected on the move. They push boundaries in smart design to make life in motion run smoother than ever.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.