Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Telephoto Lens
An upgrade of Canon's popular telephoto, this lens is ideal for the nature or sports photographer looking for an affordable quality zoom. The Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens is ready to give you professional results. It combines manageable, lightweight design with highly versatile range and improved image stabilisation for exceptional results, even at extreme zoom levels. Its maximum telephoto focal length gets you closer to your subject for full-frame, high detail compositions.
- The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS II USM features improved Image Stabilisation (IS), making it ideal for handheld and telephoto work. Shoot at up to 4 stops slower shutter speed and still capture the shot with blur-free sharpness.
- Just under 146mm long, and weighing in at 710g, this lens is right at home on assignments where travelling light but maintaining image quality is key.
- UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass lens ensures superb visual quality with high colour and contrast throughout the entire zoom range, in all shooting conditions. Distortion is controlled, images are free of colour fringing and other unwanted effects.
- A Nano ultrasonic motor (USM) powers rapid, smooth and quiet autofocus. Perfect for capturing fast moving objects and super-smooth focus transitions in movie footage. Full manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
- A 9-blade circular aperture gives out of focus regions a softer feel, making foreground objects stand out beautifully against a smoother, blurred background.
- A Lens Information Display screen near the top of the lens makes it easy to see key information (such as focus distance and depth of field at the various apertures), even in poorer lighting.
- Ideal for outdoor sports, wildlife and travel photography.
- For use with EF mount Canon DSLR cameras.
- Lens Cap E-67II
- Rear Cap Lens Dust Cap E
- Instruction Manual
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- Horizontal: 29º - 6º 50', Vertical: 19º 30' - 4º 35', Diagonal 34º - 8º 15'
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Nano USM (Ultra Sonic Motor)
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- L145.5 x Dia.80mm
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Canon EF
- Magnification Information The extent in which the lens can amplify the size of a subject
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- Model name / number
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Telephoto Lens 0571C005AA
- Sensor Format
- Full frame, Canon APS-C
- Tripod Collar Information Sometimes called a lens collar, this accessory lets the lens be mounted on a tripod
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Saturday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.