- The Edit
- Mens Jeans Buying Guide
Men's Jeans Fit Guide
What are slim fit jeans?
Fashion editor’s styling tip: “Form-hugging and flattering, slim fit denim is a cool alternative to formal trousers, especially in darker shades.”
What are straight fit jeans?
Fashion editor’s styling tip: “You can’t go wrong with classic, straight-up-and-down denim. A simple white tee and a denim jacket (double denim is back) is a look that’s endured over decades.”
What are taped fit jeans?
Fashion editor’s styling tip: “If you’re wearing jeans to work, a tailored leg shape offers a more office-appropriate feel. Style them with leather lace-ups and a blazer.”
What are skinny fit jeans?
Fashion editor’s styling tip: “The super-tight fit afforded by skinny jeans makes them a good style to offset with loose tees and baggy sweaters, for a fashion-forward look.”
Brands we love
Caring for your jeans
- Now you’ve found your perfect pair, don’t forget to check the wash care label before washing them.
- Delay washing your new jeans as long as you can. Spilt something on them? Try spot cleaning the stain instead.
- Always use a gentle or cold wash cycle and don’t forget to wash your jeans inside out. You’ll preserve the colour of your jeans and protect against shrinking, plus you’ll save water and energy.
- Dryers and denim don’t mix. Preserve the fit of your jeans by line drying them instead.
- Need to hem your new pair? Wash your jeans before hemming to allow for any initial shrinking.
- Avoid drying jeans in direct sunlight as this can cause fading.