OUR CUSTOMER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Exchanges and refunds
Returning your product if it’s unwanted:
Please return your item unused and in original condition (as it was received by you) with proof of purchase within 35 days, and we’ll give you an exchange or refund.
If you wish to return an item of jewellery or a watch which has a value of over £500, please take it back in person to a John Lewis & Partners shop and not by post or courier. Please be aware that we'll only process your refund once the item has been returned to and checked by our specialist; this can take up to 14 days.
Returning Christmas presents:
We’ve extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. You can return any gift you buy 21 October - 24 December up until 28 January if it’s unwanted or unsuitable.
If you’re buying in store, please ask for a gift receipt so that the recipient can also return the present. We’re sorry that we can’t provide gift receipts for all online orders, but if it's available, you'll be offered the option in checkout to remove prices from the delivery note.
All other terms and conditions apply to exchanges and refunds. This doesn’t affect your statutory rights
Returning your product because it has a fault:
If your product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, please return with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it.
After 30 days, we’ll repair the product as long as it’s within the terms and conditions of our warranty.
Terms & conditions of our policy
If you've changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we'll exchange or refund it.
By original condition we mean:
- you’ve kept all original packaging and labels in good condition and the product can be resold at full price
- you haven’t used the product
- the product contains no personal data and isn’t registered to a user.
Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of purchase
- We're unable to accept returns at John Lewis & Partners Heathrow
- Ordinarily if you have your receipt or delivery note we'll refund the original debit, credit or charge card used to purchase. This includes items you've purchased in Clearance or Price Match events
- Where a product has been made to measure or personalised for you, unless faulty, we're unable to refund or offer an exchange.
- See below for the full list of products that can’t be returned
- For online or telephone purchases we’ll refund the standard delivery charge, provided you return the full order. If you are only returning some of the items on your order, then we will only refund the cost of those items
- Please note that if you return products which are outside our returns policy or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we’re unable to process a full refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
- This does not affect your statutory rights
Which products can't be returned?
The following products won’t be eligible for exchange or refund (unless faulty or not as described):
- Products which you received over 35 days ago
- Products that have been unsealed (other than to inspect)
- Products without original packaging or where it’s been returned in poor condition
- Products that contain your personal data or have been manufacturer-registered
- Gift Cards
- Perishable goods such as fresh flowers and food
- Computer software vouchers that have been redeemed or activated, or computer software, CDs or vinyl records that have been opened
- Where a product has been personalised for you, or made to your specific measurements
- Products which have been opened or their protective seals removed and cannot be returned for hygiene reasons (unless faulty):
- Pierced earrings
- Underwear or swimwear
- Mattresses (unless indicated in a supplier promotion)
- Beauty products
- Toilet seats and brushes
- Any personal care products (such as electric razors, breast pumps)
Please note that if you return products which are outside our returns policy or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we’re unable to process a full refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
This does not affect your statutory rights.