Gooch Luxury Hand Knotted Kundos Runner Rug, L240 x W72 cm
Interest Free Credit
Pay £41.66 per month interest-free for 12 months.
Credit subject to status.Find out more
Product code: 64630310
Truly traditional and artisan, the Kundos rug, sometimes known as Kunduz/Kamyabe, is woven in a town of Northern Afghanistan mainly by the Turkoman people.
The Kundos quality is made uniquely famous due to the specific type of wool, dye and knots used. The wool used to make these rugs is sourced locally which gives a velvet soft feel on each piece and is very durable. The dying method carried out is also unique to this type of rug using a traditional method specific to the Andkhoy area. These unique methods delivers a very distinct and solid, bold colour. The rugs are then taken to a region in Pakistan where final bespoke touches are added to ensure the rug is finished to the highest standard. This rug has been finished at each end with an additional kelim flatweave decorative trim.
In 1sqm of Kundos rugs there would be around 160000 + knots giving a very fine density.
Worth Knowing: The exact design layout will differ depending on the size of rug you choose.
About your new rug
- We recommend John Lewis & Partners Rug Hold Underlay. It prevents your rug from moving underfoot and protects against colour transfer to the floor
- Natural fibres may shed. This will reduce over time, and shouldn’t affect your rug’s lifespan or performance
- When vacuuming your rug, use suction only. Rotating brushes may damage the fibres
- Blot any spills with a clean, dry cloth. Do not rub or use harsh detergents.
- Textile backed
- Gooch Luxury
- Care instructions
- Vacuum occasionally
- Country of Origin
- L240 x W72 x D1 cm
- Floor covering collection
- 100% Wool
- Rug Construction
- Hand knotted
Founded in 2003, Gooch Luxury prides itself on creating beautiful, hand-crafted styles, sourcing high-quality materials from all over the world while still staying true to unique and traditional designs.
Driven by quality, each piece is carefully inspected to guarantee the highest standards of authenticity and class. Regularly visiting their suppliers, Gooch Luxury stand for ethical and fair working conditions throughout every stage of a rug's creation.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 8 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery within M25 on the day of your choice or same day for orders before 10am. 7 – 10pm, 7 days a week. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2022 and 24 December 2022 can be returned up until 28 January 2023, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.