Joie Baby i-Gemm2 Baby Car Seat, Pavement Grey
Product code: 31554929
- Birth up to approx 12-15 months (Birth to 85cm)
- R129-compliant (i-Size ready)
- Isofix compatible (base sold separately)
- Tri-Protect headrest with patented Intelli-Fit foam provides side impact certified protection
The i-Gemm2, a safe and secure snuggler from Joie Baby is part of the complete R129 Safe System, ready to grow from birth to 13kg. The Tri-Protect headrest with patented Intelli-Fit foam provides side impact certified protection, along with other latest and greatest safety features that go above and beyond the R129 standard. Pair with the i-Base Advance (sold separately) which also holds the R129 certified i-Venture child seat, for one simple system and endless adventures. This infant carrier is also the perfect partner to compatible Joie pushchairs, packed with comfort and convenience extras including a zip-open expandable canopy, plush infant insert, and airline certification.
Good to know: the i-Gemm must be used with Joie i-Base, i-Base Advance, or i-Base LX for R129 certification (all sold separately). The i-Gemm may also be used without a base, installed with the vehicle seat belt, offering protection under the ECE R44/04 testing standard.
- Part of the award-winning R129 Safe System
- Meets the new R129 ECE R129/00 standard
- Suitable rearward facing from birth to 85cm
- Features patented Intelli-Fit foam for ultimate side impact protection
- Exclusive Tri-Protect headrest offers 3 layers of security
- Curved base allows for rocking and relaxing
- Grow Together multi-height headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no re-threading of harness
- Multi-position, ergonomic carry handle with soft-grip overmold
- Removable full body insert and head support
- UPF 50+ sun canopy
- Retractable, removable sun canopy features a zip-open ventilation panel
- Padded shoulder harness and lower buckle covers
- Compatible with most Joie pushchairs and with other pushchairs using Maxi-Cosi car seat adapters
- Airline certified so you and baby can always travel with ease
Compatible with Joie Mytrax, chrome and Litetrax 4 pushchairs, and with other branded pushchairs using Maxi-Cosi adapters (sold separately).
- Under no circumstances should a rearward-facing car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an active airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance in making them the most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend to fit the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn't be left in car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering. This can be done in store with a Partner or on the car seat manufacturer's website.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- We also offer in-store and virtual appointments so you can access our All Things Baby services at a time and place to suit you. Click here to book your appointment.
- Find your nearest department store.
Car seats adhere to strict safety regulations and conform to one of the following two types of seats:
- Height-based seats - These seats adhere to the safety regulation R129. They must be rear-facing until your child is over 15 months old. Your child can use a forward-facing child car seat when they’re over 15 months old. You must check the seat to make sure it’s suitable for the height of your child. i-Size is an enhancement of R129 that makes it easier to confirm your car seat's compatibility with any i-Size approved vehicle - reducing the risk of installing your car seat incorrectly. While all i-Size car seats meet the R129 testing standards, not every R129 car seat is an i-Size compatible seat.
- Weight-based seats - These seats adhere to the R44.04 car seat regulation. The seat your child can use (and the way they must be restrained in it) depends on their weight.
The below table is a rough guide as to how the car seats can relate to a child’s age based on the average child's weight or height depending on the regulation chosen.
Car Seat Age Guide:
|Group||Child's weight*||Approx. age of child||Child's height†|
|0+||Birth up to 13kg/29lb||Birth up to 12-15 months||40 - 85cm|
|0+ & 1||Birth up to 18kg/40lb||Birth to up to about 4 years||40 - 105cm|
|0+, 1, 2 & 3||Birth-36kg/79lb||Birth to 12 years||40 - 150cm|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||About 9 months to 4 years||85 - 105cm|
|1, 2 & 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||About 9 months to 12 years||85 - 150cm|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||About 4-12 years||105 - 150cm|
Note: This is a rough guide only - please always refer to the individual car seat’s guidance for more specific details. Some car seats will be approved in two or more groups or across various height bands. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.
- Joie Baby
- Car Seat Direction
- Rear Facing
- Care instructions
- Seat cover and padding can be washed cold
- Compatible with pushchairs
- Country of Origin
- 58.5 x 43.5 x 66cm
- Height Band
- Isofix compatible
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 2 years
- R129 Regulation
- R129 compliant
- Joie Baby i-Gemm
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- Unpackaged Weight Car Seat Only
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.