Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Oval Casserole, Flint, 29cm
Product code: 81347814
A kitchen favourite for generations, the Signature Cast Iron Oval Casserole from Le Creuset is an iconic piece of cookware. Updated and available in an array of carefully chosen colours, it's endlessly versatile and ideal for anything from quick and easy meals to slow-cooked aromatic stews and baked bread served as a table centrepiece.
- Versatile use in the oven, under the grill and on the hob, including induction
- Oval shape takes up less oven shelf space
- Lightest cast iron on the market
- Exceptional heat retention saves energy
- Tight-fitting domed lid helps retain moisture
- Easy-grip side handles and ergonomic lid knob
- Resists chipping, cracking and colour fading
- Handcrafted, unique piece
- Lifetime guarantee included
- Wide choice of vibrant and classic colours available
Perfect for one-pot recipes for busy lives, as well as casseroles cooked over time, this all-rounder makes fragrant pilaf dishes, stuffed and roasted vegetables, fish dishes and roast meats. The tight-fitting lid keeps the oven clean and is perfect when proving dough to create family-sized loaves. The easy-release interior suits baking. Use on the hob, including induction, in the oven, on an Aga and even under the grill.
Oval shape benefits
The oval casserole leaves room on the same oven shelf to cook Sunday roast trimmings in an extra dish. It's the perfect shape for cooking a roast leg of lamb and there's plenty of space for turning when pre-browning. The elongated design gives rise to wonderful bread such as a tear-and-share loaf, baked with an excellent crust.
Retains heat and moisture
Made from robust cast iron, this casserole's weight is its strength. A solid performer, it distributes heat evenly and retains heat to save energy; it best operates on a low to medium setting. Transfer from oven to table and it will keep dishes warm for longer. The domed lid increases space and returns moisture to the pot to prevent dishes drying out. You need only a little oil for cooking thanks to the sand enamel interior that prevents sticking and burning. Adding a touch of water makes it ideal for steaming too.
Easy to carry and clean
The lightest cast iron on the market, this much-loved kitchen staple features large handles that are easy to grip with oven gloves. Stabilisers under the lid give a secure, no-slide fit while the lid's heat-resistant stainless steel knob is ergonomically shaped for the hand. Almost like non-stick, the toughened enamel interior is easy to wipe clean. It's also hygienic and won't absorb odours and flavours.
Built to last
Designed for longevity, this quality kitchen favourite makes a wonderful wedding gift, to be enjoyed for many memorable meals to come. Handcrafted by skilled artisans at the original Le Creuset foundry in France since 1925, each piece is made from its own sand mould, making it entirely unique. It resists chipping and cracking and retains its colour over time. All Le Creuset cast iron comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Colour your kitchen
The casserole is available in an extensive choice of colours and shades to suit your taste and your décor, from earthy Flint and deep Ultra Violet to timeless Satin Black, Cotton and Almond. Take your pick from stunning blue hues in Ink, Marseille Blue, Coastal Blue, Teal and Marine or choose Cerise or ever-classic Volcanic to add warmth to a kitchen.
Le Creuset's Cast Iron Oval Casserole is available in these sizes.
|25cm||3.2L||H14.9 x W21 x L33.2cm||3.7kg|
|27cm||4.1L||H15.4 x W22.6 x L35.2cm||4.9kg|
|29cm||4.7L||H16.7 x W23.7 x L37.0cm||5.3kg|
- Le Creuset
- Cookware Features
- Induction Compatible, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe
- Country of Origin
- H16.7 x W23.7 x D37cm
- Dishwasher Safe
- Yes - Hand wash recommended
- Freezer Safe
- Grill Safe
- Lifetime guarantee included
- Hob Safe
- Induction Compatible
- Cast iron
- Cast Iron
- Microwave Safe
- Oven Safe
Le Creuset is recognised the world over for market-leading, premium quality ranges of enamelled cast iron cookware, multi-ply stainless steel, toughened non-stick, and stoneware, along with its outstanding range of wine accessories.
Established in 1925, Le Creuset has been making world-class cookware from its foundry in Fresnoy le Grand, France for almost 100 years. Innovation remains at the forefront of their success – they’ve expanded the types of products on offer and have taken advantage of many technological advances since its beginnings.
Le Creuset has continued to use the hand-crafted techniques and the original process of forging and casting in the manufacturing of its cookware. This attention to its heritage is also characteristic of the design. The Cocotte, or French Oven, was one of the first cast iron items produced by Le Creuset and is still the most popular item sold in a range of bright retro colours, with Volcanic (orange) the company’s trademark.
Used by leading chefs and keen cooks in more than 60 countries around the world including the US, UK, Japan and Australia, Le Creuset cookware offers outstanding performance time after time.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 8 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery by our supplier within 7 days. Where delivery needs to be arranged, you will be contacted to arrange a date and time that's convenient for you.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery within M25 on the day of your choice or same day for orders before 10am. 7 – 10pm, 7 days a week. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2022 and 24 December 2022 can be returned up until 28 January 2023, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.